The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

PGCE Early Years with QTS interview??

Hello I have my interview for Edge hill on Tuesday and I'm excited but also a bit nervous as I've been out of higher education for a few years. Is there any advice anyone can give me about the different parts of the interview and what educational issues to research. Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hello I have my interview for Edge hill on Tuesday and I'm excited but also a bit nervous as I've been out of higher education for a few years. Is there any advice anyone can give me about the different parts of the interview and what educational issues to research. Thank you

Hi, hope you're well :smile:

First of all, congratulations on getting an interview! We're sure you'll be amazing.

On the day, you'll visit our Faculty of Education and meet some of our tutors. They'll answer any questions you might have, but it's also nice to know who'll be teaching you. Hopefully, this should help you calm your nerves - our Education tutors are lovely!

The key thing to know about our interviews is that we want to get to know you. We don't ask questions or give you tasks designed to trap you or catch you out. It's all about knowing your skills, your interest in the course and how you want the course to help you. Have a think about these three things, and they should help you demonstrate your passion for Early Years.

In terms of educational issues, I would recommend focusing on current topics surrounding education. Use educational blogs and news sites to see what people are talking about, what the current issues surrounding the sector are, how these are being tackled, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Alex
(edited 4 years ago)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for your help Alex it’s a big help. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending