do british people really not bathe everyday?/twice a day?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
i was talking to some people and idk the topic of bathing came up lol, so i said ''yeah twice a day right? or at least once a day'' and this person said to me "nah i only do it twice a week."

Well that is the most disgusting thing i've ever heard so I had to ask again to make sure that is what I heard and the person said "yeah no one in my fam bathes that much. In fact no one in the UK bathes that much"

Now this has been bugging me lol, that people are actually walking around talking to people and havent washed in the morning, well, according to my friend. So just need confirmation I guess to prove to the person no one else does this but him!
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I think most people bathe on a regular bases,
I certainly could not go a day without showering at least once.
Still I guess everybody is different.
adam271
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Who the fudge has a bath twice a day.

That must take up a fair amount of time.
Last edited by adam271; 10 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by adam271)
Who the fudge baths twice a day.

yeah after a particularly active day when you're doing more walking around than usual or something like that you take another quick shower or a soak.....
username5027880
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Who the fudge has a bath twice a day.

Baths yes, but you can shower in 5, mins.
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Depends what time a person is from, their norm etc - growing up, most people didn't have showers, so it was more practical to bathe twice a week and scrub up a bit in between, but now we have showers people seem to wash more frequently because of the ease of it. It really isn't that big a deal, but I guess kids these days won't appreciate things change with time
Himynameisdaisy
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I think it depends on if they have baths or showers in their home. Baths take time to fill, which is off putting to people. Showers are quick and it takes about 5-10 minutes to wash yourself. Personally I prefer showers since it’s quicker and imo more hygienic than sitting in water which by the end of the bath is dirty
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's bad for your skin to bathe too often. It's not even necessary to do it once a day unless you are sweating a lot
adam271
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
Baths yes, but you can shower in 5, mins.
But the op specified bath.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
I bathe every day apart from when there's no hot water then I'll do it every 2 days. There aren't showers in my house, but I don't like showers anyway.

I don't think it's necessary to bathe twice a day though... that's a bit excessive and probably damaging to your skin.
username1208026
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes, I have a bath every morning. The weird thing to my mind is - when I hear that some people only bathe before going to bed in the evenings (then sweat all night long, as everyone does...) - and then don't wash in the mornings? :confused:

A
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Mr Aitch)
Yes, I have a bath every morning. The weird thing to my mind is - when I hear that some people only bathe before going to bed in the evenings (then sweat all night long, as everyone does...) - and then don't wash in the mornings? :confused:

A
But then you're going to bed with all the filth from the day... plus in the morning it's too stressful to have a relaxing bath
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i was talking to some people and idk the topic of bathing came up lol, so i said ''yeah twice a day right? or at least once a day'' and this person said to me "nah i only do it twice a week."

Well that is the most disgusting thing i've ever heard so I had to ask again to make sure that is what I heard and the person said "yeah no one in my fam bathes that much. In fact no one in the UK bathes that much"

Now this has been bugging me lol, that people are actually walking around talking to people and havent washed in the morning, well, according to my friend. So just need confirmation I guess to prove to the person no one else does this but him!
Everybody I know, including me, has a shower at least once a day... but a bath??? Who has time for that? As for the UK, how do they know? It's a bit of a sweeping statement
username5021692
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I bathe every day apart from when there's no hot water then I'll do it every 2 days. There aren't showers in my house, but I don't like showers anyway.

I don't think it's necessary to bathe twice a day though... that's a bit excessive and probably damaging to your skin.
Having a bath every day is very time consuming and wastes a lot of water.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
Everybody I know, including me, has a shower at least once a day... but a bath??? Who has time for that? As for the UK, how do they know? It's a bit of a sweeping statement
There are still people out there who don't have showers.

Over-showering or bathing is bad for one's health generally - with hot or very hot water, it's not natural for the human body. We are designed for quick dunks in rivers and the like.
Anonymous #1
But the op specified bath.
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
(Original post by aciana)
Having a bath every day is very time consuming and wastes a lot of water.
Sorry when I say Bathe I mean shower not sitting in warm water and scrubbing lol. My family calls it Bathe but we all mean shower so that's why I call it that but I mean a quick 5/10 min shower
Zed03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have two showers a day one in the morning before college and one in the evening right after gym (around 10pm) showers are normally quick about 10 mins so it barely wastes any time
Captain.boaty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Everday for most people
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Why are you generalising all British people based on one person you spoke to?

I wash 1-2 times a day depending on whether or not I left the house. Usually before and after work.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 10 months ago
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
maybe they mean they have a bath twice a week but shower every other day? (hopefully)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads