The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering adjustment/clearing 2020

I was wondering if I was able to get into chemical engineering adjustment this summer if I exceeded my offer requirements, would I be considered/accepted though as I study a level chemistry, biology and geography? Any other info would be greatly appreciated
Original post by YK33
I was wondering if I was able to get into chemical engineering adjustment this summer if I exceeded my offer requirements, would I be considered/accepted though as I study a level chemistry, biology and geography? Any other info would be greatly appreciated

Maths is absolutely fundamental to the study of engineering at university, and is nearly always required at A-level or equivalent for entry, so I think a more likely options would be to either take an engineering foundation year, or A-level maths (and if you do spend another year to take maths, physics and further maths would also be useful subjects to take for engineering).
Hi thanks for the info, I've emailed some universities and some have said me not studying a level maths will not necessarily prevent me me on admission into a chemical engineering degree, they stated it also depends upon ithe factors such as how well do in a level chemistry and gcse grades achieved.
I'm also thinking of self studying some a level maths during the summer (will have about 2-3 months)

Original post by Smack
Maths is absolutely fundamental to the study of engineering at university, and is nearly always required at A-level or equivalent for entry, so I think a more likely options would be to either take an engineering foundation year, or A-level maths (and if you do spend another year to take maths, physics and further maths would also be useful subjects to take for engineering).

Quick Reply

Latest