Endel555
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Homeschooled. No exam centers will allow me to take all of my GCSEs some will allow maths but that's it. What should I do?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you looked for advice here: https://he-exams.wikia.org/wiki/HE_Exams_Wiki

You can take different GCSEs at different centres - just be careful that you get entered with the same UCI at all centres and that you don't have any exams scheduled to start at the same time in 2 different places.
Endel555
Rep:
?
I've rung up many different schools and they all insist that only maths can be taken. Most don't want to take on external candidates.
ibby68
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Endel555)
I've rung up many different schools and they all insist that only maths can be taken. Most don't want to take on external candidates.
There are always places that do all exams. I took mine at a tuition centre, you don't always have to do exams at a school.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Endel555)
Exams officers aren't paid to do it and taking private candidates causes a lot of extra work just when they are busiest. Some of them can be a pleasure to help but a significant minority cause a huge amount of trouble.

You need to
  • look for all the advice you can find on the internet so you contact the schools who do actually take private candidates - look carefully at the link I gave you, search on here for previous threads where people have named centres and look on the exam board websites.
  • give more information when you seek advice- you're more likely to get help here if you say whereabouts you are. There's no point telling you about 3A tutors in Bristol if you're in Bolton.
  • Get looking really seriously NOW. Many centres that do accept private candidates will stop when they have a certain number, or raise their prices at the end of January.
Endel555
Rep:
?
I'll look at tuition centres, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (104)
59.09%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.11%
No- I want it (50)
28.41%
No- I don't want it (13)