The Student Room Group

Universities in France that teach in English

Are there universities in France that teach law in English?
Hi I'm pretty sure this course is in English, it might be worth having a look:https://www.bachelorsportal.com/studies/234422/law.html
Original post by average_human
Hi I'm pretty sure this course is in English, it might be worth having a look:https://www.bachelorsportal.com/studies/234422/law.html

Hey, THATS THE SAME ONE I SAW I hope its in English it's a pretty cheap university nd has the subjects I need. I actually messaged the university yesterday and still waiting for their reply. Thanks!
I hope everything goes well:smile:
I wouldn't recommend doing that degree at that university!
I know this is very disappointing, but my cousin (English) did that exact same course. She was very critical of her experience; firstly, the universities in France are very mediocre, and that university has absolutely no academic reputation. Secondly, it was very hard for her to integrate with other students in Reims, considering it is a small place and not many people spoke English.

I would suggest studying law in England with a year abroad, OR, Kings College London offer a dual degree with Sorbonne, which gives you a law degree in France and England.

Up to you though! I don't want to be a downer, it is a beautiful place and I'm sure you'd enjoy it, I just wanted to let you know what my cousin's experience was as she seemed to really struggle :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn't recommend doing that degree at that university!
I know this is very disappointing, but my cousin (English) did that exact same course. She was very critical of her experience; firstly, the universities in France are very mediocre, and that university has absolutely no academic reputation. Secondly, it was very hard for her to integrate with other students in Reims, considering it is a small place and not many people spoke English.

I would suggest studying law in England with a year abroad, OR, Kings College London offer a dual degree with Sorbonne, which gives you a law degree in France and England.

Up to you though! I don't want to be a downer, it is a beautiful place and I'm sure you'd enjoy it, I just wanted to let you know what my cousin's experience was as she seemed to really struggle :smile:

Ooo I'm sorry to hear that your cousin didn't enjoy it there :frown:. Is she still living there? oh and I've also heard that campus life in that uni was good so how was it for your cousin? hmm its true the university does not have an academic reputation but I think id be able to get along with people since I'm originally French and can speak it :smile:. I've actually thought about going to England before but its too expensive, I started looking into France because its MUCH more cheaper than England. Could also your cousin tell me more about her stay there if she doesn't mind :biggrin:.
Thanks!
Original post by mia_jaja
Ooo I'm sorry to hear that your cousin didn't enjoy it there :frown:. Is she still living there? oh and I've also heard that campus life in that uni was good so how was it for your cousin? hmm its true the university does not have an academic reputation but I think id be able to get along with people since I'm originally French and can speak it :smile:. I've actually thought about going to England before but its too expensive, I started looking into France because its MUCH more cheaper than England. Could also your cousin tell me more about her stay there if she doesn't mind :biggrin:.
Thanks!

Hi there,

Seeing as you're French, it will probably be much easier for you to integrate and have a good time. She didn't speak French fluently so I assume that was part of the reason she found it hard to fit in!
And yes I completely understand the financial issues, I can't go to university in England for that reason either!
I would suggest you look into the type of law degree you'd be studying, because I seem to remember she said that you can only practice law in France? I don't know if that's true, I only remember her saying it years back, so research that :smile: Of course, if you plan to live in France then that is no problem for you!

She lives in France currently as it has been a while since she finished the course, but she doesn't have a job in law (this was out of her own choice, she decided to start a cafe). I sent her a text to ask her about campus life: it is decent, but not wild and it doesn't have the party culture that England does (no freshers week). It's pretty chilled out and a pleasant place though. It really depends what you're looking for in a university. In general, French universities are much more chilled out in terms of nightlife and social events, but you may prefer that!

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there,

Seeing as you're French, it will probably be much easier for you to integrate and have a good time. She didn't speak French fluently so I assume that was part of the reason she found it hard to fit in!
And yes I completely understand the financial issues, I can't go to university in England for that reason either!
I would suggest you look into the type of law degree you'd be studying, because I seem to remember she said that you can only practice law in France? I don't know if that's true, I only remember her saying it years back, so research that :smile: Of course, if you plan to live in France then that is no problem for you!

She lives in France currently as it has been a while since she finished the course, but she doesn't have a job in law (this was out of her own choice, she decided to start a cafe). I sent her a text to ask her about campus life: it is decent, but not wild and it doesn't have the party culture that England does (no freshers week). It's pretty chilled out and a pleasant place though. It really depends what you're looking for in a university. In general, French universities are much more chilled out in terms of nightlife and social events, but you may prefer that!

Good luck! :smile:

Hey,
Yes I'll definitely research more about the uni courses and all that. Thank you very much for responding! hope I haven't caused any trouble.
This really was very helpful do thanks again!
Original post by mia_jaja
Hey,
Yes I'll definitely research more about the uni courses and all that. Thank you very much for responding! hope I haven't caused any trouble.
This really was very helpful do thanks again!

No problem, good luck in your search!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending