The Student Room Group

Good A Level combinations for Economics?

I am currently in year 11 and will be taking A-levels next year. I want to study Economics at a top level Uni. Keeping my goal in mind, would this be a good A-level combination?:
Maths, Economics, Psychology
Maths, one other facilitating subject and Economics.

Some people will tell you that Further Maths is highly advantageous, it is not - unless you're going for Oxbridge or LSE.
Reply 2
Yes, that's a good combination, should be appropiate for most unis, although some may "prefer" further maths, mostly just Oxbridge and LSE.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by quickquestionthx
I am currently in year 11 and will be taking A-levels next year. I want to study Economics at a top level Uni. Keeping my goal in mind, would this be a good A-level combination?:
Maths, Economics, Psychology

Yep.For economics,these are good. The key is maths tbh, the other subjects don't have massive importance.Technically you could take economics at uni without taking it at A level but I would say take it if its what you want to do.
Yeah good combo - whilst Psychology isn't a 'facilitating' subject , with Maths and Economics in there already you don't really need another one so as long as you think you can do well in + enjoy Psychology, go for it

Quick Reply

Latest