Enrii
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Megan bought a small cottage on August 2019. Title to the cottage was already registered. She bought it from Mike, who was going to move to London. Title to the cottage had been registered in Mikes’s sole name.

Mike had given Christopher in March 2019 an option to purchase Mikes’s cottage.

Is Megan bound by it?
if not why?
Last edited by Enrii; 4 weeks ago
spyter
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Enrii)
Megan bought a small cottage on August 2019. Title to the cottage was already registered. She bought it from Mike, who was going to move to London. Title to the cottage had been registered in Mikes’s sole name.

Is Megan bound by it?
if not why?
I suggest you read the chapter on registered land from Bevan's "Land Law". It is very simple and straightforward. It will not take more than 30 minutes and it will help you much more than asking for help online, where people might give you an incorrect answer (assuming that the answer is correct).

As for my personal opinion on the scenario, no Megan is not bound by it. To explain without having to go into cases or actual legal principles, I will give you the simplest answer as to why - law follows logic. It will not be logic for you to buy a house from someone only to be bound to sell it to a third party, now would it? Moreover, when buying a property, the deed (and as such the title) is transffered to the new owner, so it will be in Megan's name.
[Disclaimer, you need to follow the rules of registration to answer this question, as such, do read the textbook]
Bitesizelaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Enrii)

Is Megan bound by it?
if not why?
What are your own thoughts on this? Follow the advice of spyter and read your recommended text book on registered title. Pay particular attention to minor interests and interests which override in LRA 2002, schedule 3.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (224)
67.47%
No (108)
32.53%

Watched Threads