The Student Room Group

The most passive aggressive thing you’ve done

What’s the most passive aggressive thing you have done?

Today I removed all the items from my flats kitchen that I payed for. Which is about 70% of the stuff in the kitchen.

Scroll to see replies

Small, very small. But I was waiting for a bus for ages in the cold rain and wind the other day and some woman turns up and starts waiting too. Bus turns up 3 or 4 mins later and I go to walk onto it. Its always packed this time of morning at this stop so I get there early as bus etiquette dictates the person who's waited the longest gets on first. Almost everyone abides by this.

This ignorant woman pushes in front of me to get on first and I end up having to stand for half the journey. :mad: A seat at the front becomes free eventually so I sit down. A few more stops later the ignorant woman gets up to get off at the same stop I'm getting off at.
I get out of my seat and barge in front of her as she comes past and my backpack smacks into her in the process. Then I saunter off and don't say anything.

Revenge was sweet, but petty.:mmm:
Respect bus etiquettes next time bish!
Love it. That’s so something that I would do! There’s also the old classics of saying thank you when the person whose meant to say it doesn’t.
In first year, my flatmate was an absolute slob. He kept leaving food out, his dirty dishes out (our kitchen was smaller than a grasshopper, very tiny) so nobody else could easily use the kitchen. I began picking up his things and putting them outside his bedroom door (after repeatedly talking to him about it and asking him to be cleaner). It only took a few times before his things started being washed up and put away!
Original post by DrawTheLine
In first year, my flatmate was an absolute slob. He kept leaving food out, his dirty dishes out (our kitchen was smaller than a grasshopper, very tiny) so nobody else could easily use the kitchen. I began picking up his things and putting them outside his bedroom door (after repeatedly talking to him about it and asking him to be cleaner). It only took a few times before his things started being washed up and put away!

Oh wow. I knew someone who in first year would throw dirty plates/pans etc in the bin. Eventually she threw a plate out the window in front of the owner. However, I think it’s verging that’s verging on more on aggressive than passive aggressive 😂
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Love it. That’s so something that I would do! There’s also the old classics of saying thank you when the person whose meant to say it doesn’t.

Oo yes! Also, when you open the door for someone and they just walk through without thanking you and you say "you're WELCOME"
Oh wow. I knew someone who in first year would throw dirty plates/pans etc in the bin. Eventually she threw a plate out the window in front of the owner. However, I think it’s verging that’s verging on more on aggressive than passive aggressive 😂

I think if I had to live with him any longer I would have reached that point too!
Yes!! Honesty people’s manners shock me sometimes 😂
Yes!! Honesty people’s manners shock me sometimes 😂

These are dark manner-less times we are living in :frown:
My brother when he was younger was such an arse and wouldn’t get off his PlayStation when we were meant to be doing chores. So eventually I went to the fuse box and switched the plug sockets off upstairs. The anger was unbelievable. Still did it though but he soon learnt that chores had to be done before hours of FIFA.

I do that all the time
when my boys were little they held doors for older folk who walked through silently and entitled.
I always had a sarcastic comment for that.
im also prone to being careless with a supermarket trolley and ankles if people piss me off
Reply 11
Someone dumped a load of left-over building materials, including a skip, on the road outside my gran's house - round the back of theirs, where they couldn't see it (hard to explain the road layout). Took three weeks for them to move the skip, but they left a large pile of pallets/crates, breeze blocks, a huge concrete post, etc on the road. So I carried/rolled/dragged every single bit of it round to the front of their house (around 100m in total, took me 11 trips) and blocked their driveway with it.

Was petty but it made me feel better :biggrin:
Reply 12

Oh wow, has she never heard of paper plates? Lmao. Or do you mean she threw other people's dirty plates? If so, she's new level crazy haha.
Original post by Neilos
Someone dumped a load of left-over building materials, including a skip, on the road outside my gran's house - round the back of theirs, where they couldn't see it (hard to explain the road layout). Took three weeks for them to move the skip, but they left a large pile of pallets/crates, breeze blocks, a huge concrete post, etc on the road. So I carried/rolled/dragged every single bit of it round to the front of their house (around 100m in total, took me 11 trips) and blocked their driveway with it.

Brilliant. Good on you
Original post by auvvi
Oh wow, has she never heard of paper plates? Lmao. Or do you mean she threw other people's dirty plates? If so, she's new level crazy haha.

She threw other people’s plates in the bin or out the window. She was fed up of either cleaning them or watching them go mouldy. 😂 btw, she was also on the 4th floor 😰
Cut someone off without a goodbye. They deserved it.
Original post by Neilos

10/10 passive aggressiveness effort!
Reply 17
I'm more active aggressive tbh
Reply 18
She threw other people’s plates in the bin or out the window. She was fed up of either cleaning them or watching them go mouldy. 😂 btw, she was also on the 4th floor 😰

Ahaha it is so gross though like where is their dignity! She should have bought them paper plates to be passive aggressive. And they would have probably used them, so win win. Lmao.
Original post by gjd800
I'm more active aggressive tbh

Ah, active aggressive is less funny than passive aggressive. I’m still laughing at the image of my flatmates washing up without scrubbing brushes because I’ve confiscated them all. Or the image of them trying to cut veg/meat without any sharp knives. The satisfaction of sweet revenge is so much more pleasant than active aggression, it also less often leads to trouble.
Passive aggressiveness is also a lot funnier. Try it next time, you may find it a lot more satisfying xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending