I overheard my flatmates ***** about me. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am at university and consider my self to be really close with my flatmates. However last night 2 of them were in my room and we were watching a movie. I fell asleep during the movie. I woke up but still had my eyes closed and overheard my friends talk about me whilst they thought I was asleep. it was predominately only one of the girls. I don't think it was malicious - but very wrong of them to do it in front of me whilst they thought I was sleeping. I am not a confrontational person and think it would be very uncomfortable for everyone if I were to tell them what I heard. any advice?
Username752
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That is not nice of them at all. It honestly depends on what they said as to what I would personally do. Maybe if it was just ‘ common gossip ‘ about something then leave it as it may cause conflict. However, if it’s something quite bad and which u consider to be offensive etc then I think u should bring it up with them, just talk it out and see what can be done to resolve the issue.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Username752)
That is not nice of them at all. It honestly depends on what they said as to what I would personally do. Maybe if it was just ‘ common gossip ‘ about something then leave it as it may cause conflict. However, if it’s something quite bad and which u consider to be offensive etc then I think u should bring it up with them, just talk it out and see what can be done to resolve the issue.
they said that sometimes when I try to be funny it comes across as rude and I follow them like a lost puppy.
Zed03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Everyone gossips the problem here is that you heard the actual gossiping, I wouldn't think too much of it to be honest
MiaNova
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Urm I get that "everyone gossips", but by not confronting them you're saying it's okay for them to treat you like that.

I get that they didn't know you were awake but they're ****ty 'friends' (if you want to call them that), to be speaking about you like that.

I say confront them. How childish of them to be saying such things.

Good luck OP
Zed03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MiaNova)
Urm I get that "everyone gossips", but by not confronting them you're saying it's okay for them to treat you like that.

I get that they didn't know you were awake but they're ****ty 'friends' (if you want to call them that), to be speaking about you like that.

I say confront them. How childish of them to be saying such things.

Good luck OP
I mean since he has heard it the only sensible thing to do now would be to confront them, going about with your normal life wouldn't be very clever
inspir8tion
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At least you heard what the issue that they have is about. Bear their comments in mind and try to forget about it - it wasn't anything too horrible.It's sometimes difficult being in a 3, so perhaps you can find a 4th person to join you? It sounds like one of them is insecure.
Last edited by inspir8tion; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.74%
No, but I have thought about it (53)
27.32%
No (93)
47.94%

Watched Threads