What should I do!?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I went to the GP to talk about my mental health and they referred me but I don't want my parents to know and I told the GP that. They've called my dad and have left a voicemail for me to call them back. My parents think it's a fake call from another country, I plan to try call them back but I'm worried my parents will find out.
MPenny04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I went to the GP to talk about my mental health and they referred me but I don't want my parents to know and I told the GP that. They've called my dad and have left a voicemail for me to call them back. My parents think it's a fake call from another country, I plan to try call them back but I'm worried my parents will find out.
Hey, why can't your parents know if u don't mind me asking?
eswan13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could phone the GP up again and explain the situation. Then give them your personal number so they don’t make the same mistake again. Maybe they could give you the contact details so you can contact your referral directly?
Hope that you sort things out. X
Zeeyo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by eswan13)
You could phone the GP up again and explain the situation. Then give them your personal number so they don’t make the same mistake again. Maybe they could give you the contact details so you can contact your referral directly?
I don't have a phone though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MPenny04)
Thank you, it's okay now, I've told my mum a half truth about it since the lies could build up into something unnecessarily messy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MPenny04)
I'm really sorry but I don't feel comfortable giving that info, it's okay now since I've told my mum a little bit about it.
MPenny04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm really sorry but I don't feel comfortable giving that info, it's okay now since I've told my mum a little bit about it.
Oh ok, I'm glad it's okay now
eswan13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good on you for reaching out btw. Whatever it is you’re going through you’ve done the right thing ☺️
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its better than your parents know, you're gonna need all the support you can get. trust me. if your parents love you enough they will want to help you. find a way to sit them down and tell them, maybe tell your mum first in private?
Anonymous #1
Good on you for reaching out btw. Whatever it is you’re going through you’ve done the right thing ☺️
Quick question but would the NHS put my mental health issue on the record? So if an employer researched into me, would they be able to see it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by goggleyed)
its better than your parents know, you're gonna need all the support you can get. trust me. if your parents love you enough they will want to help you. find a way to sit them down and tell them, maybe tell your mum first in private?
I've told them, but I wish I told them sooner they were really hurt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads