The Student Room Group

Would sign up to a dating app?

Thinking about signing up to a dating app but feel like a bit of an idiot haha. I have zero social media and don't go out much expect like to-from work so don't get the chance to meet people a lot. Guys do talk to me in clubs on the odd occasion I do go out but I really hate it cause I get stupid drunk and never remember what I've said/their names or even what they look like 😂😂

But honestly do most people just use the apps for hooking up cause I just want to meet new people and get out a bit. I'm not into hooking up with anyone unless I really like them. P.S I'm newly 20 😄
Sign up to tinder or something and you can go out on dates and make friends. Just be aware that most guys on dating sites are there to hook up, even if they say they aren't. As long as you know that and are prepared for it, it's all good.
I won't use hookup or dating apps- too many weirdos.
I have made a lot of friends through badoo and goodreads.
I'm on Tinder and recently Bumble.

Been on a couple Tinder dates with the most recent one leading to 2 "proper" dates :h:

While a lot of people use it to organise hook-ups, you can find people who are down for actually trying to find a long-term/romantic one.

Quick Reply

Latest