transferring money overseas

Watch
tokki99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i tried sending money abroad using my own bank but the fee was stupidly high which i didn't know till after it was sent.

does anyone know a safe, quick and a cheaper way to send money abroad?
IuliaCosereanu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't know if you have this whereyou live (or if the person receiving the money has it where they live) but me and my family always use WesternUnion as a way to send money to each other. They have a fee I think but I wouldn't say it's expensive (don't know exactly how much it is). Hope this helps! You can search on the internet, they have a website as well.
expatmum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I always use TorFX - you have to open an account but it's very simple and commission free. There are a number of similar companies around online.
tokki99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by expatmum)
I always use TorFX - you have to open an account but it's very simple and commission free. There are a number of similar companies around online.
Thanks! i'm just skeptical because i've heard things about companies stealing your bank details and roping you into something you didn't agree to..
expatmum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by tokki99)
Thanks! i'm just skeptical because i've heard things about companies stealing your bank details and roping you into something you didn't agree to..
Well, I'm sure there are, but they are pretty legit - I'm a parent and I've been using them for years and have always been very happy...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads