The Student Room Group

HIV transmission potential??

Hi,

I’ve recently had a one night stand with a guy who I met on Tinder, he has a girlfriend, but casually cheats at times, and we had vaginal sex twice that night but we washed up before and after both times and he wore a condom for both times too. What are my chances of getting HIV? How do I ask him to get himself tested? Should I test myself too? It has been 5 days since, and I’m getting really scared and anxious and I can’t sleep anymore because of this and also as I started having a really dry and sore throat. HELP!!
You are fine. Don't worry. Get tested yourself if worried, but this is not his issue.

Even with unprotected sex the chance of transmission is small, with protection miniscule.
You have a 0% chance honestly.

You have health anxiety, I have been through the exact same thing and I've been in the situation for months on end- it isn't nice so I know how you feel.

Just so you know, HIV won't show up on a test, nor would you get symptoms one week afterwards; it takes a bit more time than that. Anxiety is going to harm your health more than anything.

Feel free to PM me or reply if you need any more answers.

Quick Reply

Latest