Feel like i'm wasting my teenage years Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I feel like I haven't properly lived my teenage years - everyone else seems to be going out and getting drunk in fields, going to gigs and flirting with each other as young people should. I feel like i've missed out and i'm nearly 18...I feel lonely whilst all my friends are having fun and are planning on going on an island holiday after A-levels, whilst I haven't gone out in months and have never kissed a boy. What can I now do to start to make the most of my teenage years and feel like I haven't wasted them all?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like I haven't properly lived my teenage years - everyone else seems to be going out and getting drunk in fields, going to gigs and flirting with each other as young people should. I feel like i've missed out and i'm nearly 18...I feel lonely whilst all my friends are having fun and are planning on going on an island holiday after A-levels, whilst I haven't gone out in months and have never kissed a boy. What can I now do to start to make the most of my teenage years and feel like I haven't wasted them all?
Same here, except i'm a boy. i'm 16 nearly 17 and feel exactly the same.
MysticImogen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
`Name:  VERSARRAY-218[1].jpg
Views: 12
Size:  405.6 KBYou just need a speaker
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
try and find a new hobby that you can involve yourself in solo rn , work on it and put as much time into it as you can
Snagglepup
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Everyone enjoys different things, some people enjoy partying etc. if you haven't gone out and done it it's probably something you don't enjoy, you're also really underestimating how much time you have to go out and do stuff like this
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
try and find a new hobby that you can involve yourself in solo rn , work on it and put as much time into it as you can
I do have a hobby outside of school (i'm in a play) - but it's that awkward age where clubs are either for toddlers or for older adults, and everyone in the play is 35+. It's usually schools which have sports clubs etc. for their teenage students, but my school has f*** all.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Snagglepup)
Everyone enjoys different things, some people enjoy partying etc. if you haven't gone out and done it it's probably something you don't enjoy, you're also really underestimating how much time you have to go out and do stuff like this
Thing is, I DO enjoy going out and partying - it's just i'm rarely invited. Even the person I would consider my closest friend wouldn't invite me as her plus one to a party and instead invited another girl she barely knows so that she could be a plus one at the party that girl was going to attend. I feel weak because I don't have a social network like that. The last time I was invited to something was last July.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do have a hobby outside of school (i'm in a play) - but it's that awkward age where clubs are either for toddlers or for older adults, and everyone in the play is 35+. It's usually schools which have sports clubs etc. for their teenage students, but my school has f*** all.
lmao fun fact , i recently started getting back into karate , the place i go to now if full of adults and i'm the only uni kid there

if you can't make friends with people in your club then use whatever skills you get from your hobby (whether it be confidence or charisma or strength or anything) and save what you have for when you do meet somone , you'll find it goes a long way and it might help alot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads