mxhnoor.v
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Do you think I should do the paper in reverse, from Q5 to Q1, as different teachers say different things.
MPenny04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mxhnoor.v)
Do you think I should do the paper in reverse, from Q5 to Q1, as different teachers say different things.
Hey, are you doing AQA?
mxhnoor.v
Rep:
?
(Original post by MPenny04)
Hey, are you doing AQA?
Yes (:
MPenny04
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes (:
Okay! Well, i usually do the section I find easiest 1st so that ik how much time i have left for the other section.
For the reading section, I would do question 2 first then quickly jot down 4 ideas for question 1 before moving on as normal. This means you won't have to read the extract a third time as you would have picked up the details needed for question 1 through reading for question 2. In summary, read for question 2 and quickly answer question 1 after to save time. Hope that makes sense lol
mxhnoor.v
Rep:
?
(Original post by MPenny04)
Okay! Well, i usually do the section I find easiest 1st so that ik how much time i have left for the other section.
For the reading section, I would do question 2 first then quickly jot down 4 ideas for question 1 before moving on as normal. This means you won't have to read the extract a third time as you would have picked up the details needed for question 1 through reading for question 2. In summary, read for question 2 and quickly answer question 1 after to save time. Hope that makes sense lol
Thanks, that's really helpful!
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The order that you answer the question does not directly affect your final score. However, you may want to try both ways and see how each one impacts your timing. Different approaches benefit different pupils. Sometimes, my approach has failed despite the fact that it allowed me to only drop five marks.
MPenny04
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks, that's really helpful!
Yw!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads