I still like my ex and need some advice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My ex broke up with me about a month ago because she wanted to be independent she said. The other day I tried going on a date with a new girl to move on, but I can’t help missing my ex and comparing every new girl to my ex. Like I just don’t have the same chemistry or connection as I did with my ex and that’s what I miss. Should I message my ex or try and move on? I don’t know what to do.
Blueclueless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My ex broke up with me about a month ago because she wanted to be independent she said. The other day I tried going on a date with a new girl to move on, but I can’t help missing my ex and comparing every new girl to my ex. Like I just don’t have the same chemistry or connection as I did with my ex and that’s what I miss. Should I message my ex or try and move on? I don’t know what to do.
Since it’s only been a month it’s normal to miss her. I don’t recommend messaging as she’s your ex for a reason
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blueclueless)
Since it’s only been a month it’s normal to miss her. I don’t recommend messaging as she’s your ex for a reason
I never wanted her to break up with me and we didn’t end on a bad foot or anything she just said she wanted to be independent. Do u still think I shouldn’t message her?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d say message her, maybe she’s missing you and wants you to message her. Hope all works out for you.
Anonymous #1
I’d say message her, maybe she’s missing you and wants you to message her. Hope all works out for you.
Yeh maybe I might, thanks for the advice
jerrybangers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i’m still madly in love with my ex and i’m 9 moths down the road. I’ve dated, i actually got another girlfriend at one point, but still couldnt help but feel in love with her still. Now, i’m on my own. She has a new boyfriend, perfectly happy and loved up. And there’s nothing i can do about it. If you love her, go and get her before it’s too late. what have you got to loose.
Blueclueless
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I never wanted her to break up with me and we didn’t end on a bad foot or anything she just said she wanted to be independent. Do u still think I shouldn’t message her?
I know I just meant she might want a little more then a month since she wanted to be independent and you might make her annoyed if you start to message her
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
just tell her how you feel and be honest with her, thats the best thing you can do in my opinion, if she still likes you you two can get back together, if she doesnt want to get back together with you though unfortunately your just gonna have to move on, i know its harder than it sounds and it may feel impossible at first like youll never be able to get over her but eventually you will, just give it more time than a month.
Anonymous #1
just tell her how you feel and be honest with her, thats the best thing you can do in my opinion, if she still likes you you two can get back together, if she doesnt want to get back together with you though unfortunately your just gonna have to move on, i know its harder than it sounds and it may feel impossible at first like youll never be able to get over her but eventually you will, just give it more time than a month.
Really appreciate the advice, think I will do this seems like the best option.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
Really appreciate the advice, think I will do this seems like the best option.
no problem, hopefully everything works out for you in the end even if you dont get back together with her
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jerrybangers)
i’m still madly in love with my ex and i’m 9 moths down the road. I’ve dated, i actually got another girlfriend at one point, but still couldnt help but feel in love with her still. Now, i’m on my own. She has a new boyfriend, perfectly happy and loved up. And there’s nothing i can do about it. If you love her, go and get her before it’s too late. what have you got to loose.
Aww I wish someone wanted me like that
user2314
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
honestly, i am in the same situation right now. all i can say is that for now you need to focus on yourself and if the time comes where it’s meant to be, itll happen. until then, try to put your focus on something else.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn't message her it will only open old wounds.
She is an ex for a reason, time to move on and start a fresh elsewhere.
user2314
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
honestly, i am in the same situation right now. all i can say is that for now you need to focus on yourself and if the time comes where it’s meant to be, itll happen. until then, try to put your focus on something else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (468)
66.86%
No (232)
33.14%

Watched Threads