Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In 2019 Cambridge offered places via UCAS Adjustment for the first time. There is a whatdotheyknow FOI request that shows about 1,100 candidates were flagged as eligible for the 2019 scheme.

Edit to add: 152 applied for Adjustment on results day via the scheme. See the breakdown in this post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2&postcount=37

And according to https://www.varsity.co.uk/news/17760 71 students who opted into the Adjustment process were offered places and 67 accepted, including 17 medics.

Cambridge will be again be participating in the Adjustment process this summer (2020). Adjustment allows students who have met all the conditions of their conditional-firm offer, and exceeded at least one, the opportunity to be considered by other universities without jeopardising their place.

IMPORTANT:
All applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will have already been notified within the decision letter or email sent in January 2020. Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered for Adjustment.

More info about the Cambridge scheme here:
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/adjustment

And here's last year's thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5835574

We should have more detailed data on how many applied and were accepted via the 2019 scheme later this year (hopefully May).

So please use this thread to chat about the scheme. For example, have you been flagged as eligible and are you considering using it (if so good luck!). It would be great if you could mention your course and college when you post
Last edited by Doones; 1 week ago
Doones
Rep:
?
Just tagging some folks who might be interested in this thread
somebrick nubestreet discmfrt JockstrapAttack bioelle Ensoetre naomiswain leb2602 faizahassan14 waterfront peech.facee 3pointonefour
3pointonefour
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doones I swear you deserve to get paid or something out of this you're infinitely helpful if I get into Cambridge I'll repay you somehow 😂

Applying for Maths (rejected from pool, original college Trinity). Hopefully STEP will go well
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
Doones I swear you deserve to get paid or something out of this
PRSOM and I entirely agree :lol:

You can always send me some π ...
Last edited by Doones; 1 month ago
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doones)
PRSOM and I entirely agree :lol:

You can always send me some π ...
I would but it's never-ending 🤷*♂️
sweetietweetie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Doones i saw from here on last years thread that roughly 200 were eligible?? where did your 1000 figure come from??
Attached files
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you for tagging me! looking forward to the next few months of this
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
do we know how many people registered interest for adjustment on results day?
sweetietweetie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JockstrapAttack)
i think its roughly around the 100 mark
Doones
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sweetietweetie)
Doones i saw from here on last years thread that roughly 200 were eligible?? where did your 1000 figure come from??
1100 had the contextual flags, as per the FOI I linked.

Then on Results Day between 71 and 200 must have met the UCAS requirement (met & exceeded their firm offer) AND applied for an Adjustment place.

Of which 71 were offered places.
Last edited by Doones; 3 weeks ago
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by JockstrapAttack)
(Original post by sweetietweetie)
i think its roughly around the 100 mark
Between 71 and 200ish
Last edited by Doones; 4 weeks ago
gay*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
wasn’t even aware I was eligible until I got the letter just recently! I was pooled+rejected by Trinity for Economics, a course which possibly isn’t even gonna have any adjustment places - still hoping for the best though
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gay*)
wasn’t even aware I was eligible until I got the letter just recently! I was pooled+rejected by Trinity for Economics, a course which possibly isn’t even gonna have any adjustment places - still hoping for the best though
I believe that adjustment means you can get taken in by any college, not just the one you applied to.
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
I believe that adjustment means you can get taken in by any college, not just the one you applied to.
Yep, effectively it's another Pool process.
nubestreet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for setting this up. Posting on behalf of my daughter. She was pooled but then rejected by Girton for Music and has been flagged as eligible for adjustment.
Ensoetre
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gay*)
Literally same 😂😂😂 Idek how I’m eligible lol
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ensoetre)
mood
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ensoetre)
3 out of 5 contextual criteria here:
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/adjustment
somebrick
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gay*)
Last year at least one space for every course was available I believe.
JohnD8099
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I recently received an email from Cambridge informing me that I am eligible for their adjustment scheme. One of the conditions is that I exceed my conditional firm offer. However, my firm is Warwick and one of the three alternative offers from Warwick is A* A* A*, which I obviously can't exceed. Will I still be eligible for adjustment on UCAS on results day if I get A* A* A*? Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads