Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
The same FOI also has a breakdown by College. Note the Adjustment process acts like another Summer Pool, so it's less likely an Adjustment applicant will land a place at their original college.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 23.00.22.png
Views: 155
Size:  148.8 KB
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Doones)
The same FOI also has a breakdown by College. Note the Adjustment process acts like another Summer Pool, so it's less likely an Adjustment applicant will land a place at their original college.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 23.00.22.png
Views: 155
Size:  148.8 KB
could you share the FOI please?
edit: nevermind found it
Last edited by yankang.qi; 5 months ago
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by yankang.qi)
could you share the FOI please?
edit: nevermind found it
For the benefit of the thread
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1524524
rach223344
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What makes a person more likely to get in through adjustment. Is it mostly your grades at the end, or how you did during the application process
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by rach223344)
What makes a person more likely to get in through adjustment. Is it mostly your grades at the end, or how you did during the application process
As with all things Cambridge, it's holistic. They will re-assess your entire application incorporating your A-level grades.
harlem
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Just found this FOI. It shows the number of applicants and acceptances via Cambridge Adjustment in 2019:

Overall 152 Applied, with 67 Accepted.

Attachment 880074
What an amazing find, nice one.

I know that 71 were offered a place. I wonder what courses those 4 have applied for.
3pointonefour
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is it just me or is anyone else starting to doubt whether or not Cambridge is right for them?
somebrick
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
Is it just me or is anyone else starting to doubt whether or not Cambridge is right for them?
Was definitely rethinking whether I should even bother doing adjustment if I do exceed my firm. Fear of imposter syndrome? On the other hand, I still think if you got pooled (which you have) Cambridge do think you are a typical student that would study there.
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by somebrick)
Was definitely rethinking whether I should even bother doing adjustment if I do exceed my firm. Fear of imposter syndrome? On the other hand, I still think if you got pooled (which you have) Cambridge do think you are a typical student that would study there.
That's true but then again the fact that I got rejected from pool makes me feel like even though Cambridge thought I could study there, I just wasn't good enough compared to everyone else in the pool.

Also I've been told that the amount of work you're expected to do at Cambridge means it's just not worth it because you could go to somewhere like Imperial and not be under as much stress and enjoy uni life more while still getting a degree at the end of it.
Ensoetre
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Has anyone received feedback yet?
JockstrapAttack
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i think i'm beginning to have the opposite reaction actually; i feel like cambridge really is the one so need to grind for this adjustment offer
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JockstrapAttack)
i think i'm beginning to have the opposite reaction actually; i feel like cambridge really is the one so need to grind for this adjustment offer
Damn I respect that resilience man really hope you get in
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Damn I respect that resilience man really hope you get in
thank you! i know you might not wanna go anymore but i still hope you get an offer too
harlem
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Out of the ones who were offered a place last year, how many were pooled?

Do you think being pooled or not could have an impact on your adjustment application?
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by harlem)
Out of the ones who were offered a place last year, how many were pooled?

Do you think being pooled or not could have an impact on your adjustment application?
No idea.

No.
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No idea.

No.
Wouldn't it make sense for pooled applicants to have a higher chance of being successful in adjustment than non-pooled (assuming they achieved the same A level results)?
I'm only assuming this since I thought Cambridge consider your whole application again before letting you in and pooled applicants would have a better application than non-pooled applicants?
Doones
Rep:
?
Wouldn't it make sense for pooled applicants to have a higher chance of being successful in adjustment than non-pooled (assuming they achieved the same A level results)?
I'm only assuming this since I thought Cambridge consider your whole application again before letting you in and pooled applicants would have a better application than non-pooled applicants?
Not really, and yes your achieved A-level grades will be a significant factor.

But fundamentally I wouldn't overthink all this.

If someone is interested in a "second chance" with Cambridge, and they qualify for Adjustment, etc - then they should Adjust and see what happens, if not don't.
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Not really, and yes your achieved A-level grades will be a significant factor.

But fundamentally I wouldn't overthink all this.

If someone is interested in a "second chance" with Cambridge, and they qualify for Adjustment, etc - then they should Adjust and see what happens, if not don't.
Yeah you're right
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
been thinking this the whole time and it’s sent me into a paranoia-filled frenzy 💀 but i wouldn’t dwell on it too much, we’ll know on results day 😩
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JockstrapAttack)
been thinking this the whole time and it’s sent me into a paranoia-filled frenzy 💀 but i wouldn’t dwell on it too much, we’ll know on results day 😩
Yeah whether or not we've been pooled shouldn't be an excuse not to work as hard as we possibly can for that spot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (289)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.64%

Watched Threads