is social media needed these days? Watch

Toscana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
do you think you need social media accounts in 2020? or can you live perfectly fine without it? i'd like to hear your thoughts
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure if it is about needs so much as want. I like mine, they're great
Toscana
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Not sure if it is about needs so much as want. I like mine, they're great
good to see some people genuinely enjoy social media
Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
TSR is social media.
Toscana
Rep:
?
(Original post by Other_Owl)
TSR is social media.
your point?
Letty Kwenn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Toscana)
do you think you need social media accounts in 2020? or can you live perfectly fine without it? i'd like to hear your thoughts
yes social media is very important if you use it right. Most importantly it keeps you open to what's going around you.
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
your point?
that we all wouldn't be here if we didn't need it
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean it allows me to contact people I know who’s living abroad ect but there’s also negatives
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, social media is great for keeping in touch with people and creating group chats (so I use whatsapp and FB messenger).

Other then those uses, everything else is a complete waste of time (like sharing photos to the world, joining fb groups that are full of losers, looking at what my friend's friend had for lunch etc.)
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It has become an integral part of society, and is the main method of communicating with people. It's constantly evolving due to innovation in technology. Getting rid of it is a huge waste and will create more problems than not, plus youll be missing a lot of useful features.

Whilst its constantly evolving new problems are arising, in particular social ones which needs to be addressed (e.g. addiction, wasting time, political bias).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads