Would i still get warned for speeding? Watch

Lani_5678
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi i just got home from dropping my friend off who lives nearby a hospital in which the speed limit is 5mph. I knew this as i entered the road and slowed down but as i pressed the gas to keep moving i unintentionally got it up to about 13mph after which i noticed and slowed down. I was going to stop anyway as i had reached my friends house. My question is since i have a black box with General Accident will that be grounds for them cancelling my insurance or would i get off with a warning?
pericardium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd be very surprised if you had any repercussions from this. I'm with more than and can safely say I've driven 15mph in a 5mph car park and had no problems. I think they only are concerned about speed of 20mph roads before they start issuing warnings for things of that nature. They'd probably just consider the 5mph road to have the same speed limit as whichever road is perpendicular to it.
Lani_5678
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by pericardium)
I'd be very surprised if you had any repercussions from this. I'm with more than and can safely say I've driven 15mph in a 5mph car park and had no problems. I think they only are concerned about speed of 20mph roads before they start issuing warnings for things of that nature. They'd probably just consider the 5mph road to have the same speed limit as whichever road is perpendicular to it.
Ahh right i wondered because i read the terms and conditions for my insurance it only states how the insurance will be cancelled if you do such things like going 45 in a 30 zone which i would never do anyway. It doesnt say anything about what i asked above.

However my telematics box can still track the speed limits of the roads so it can tell when im going over the limit but im not sure if it applies to this situation.
pericardium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lani_5678)
Ahh right i wondered because i read the terms and conditions for my insurance it only states how the insurance will be cancelled if you do such things like going 45 in a 30 zone which i would never do anyway. It doesnt say anything about what i asked above.

However my telematics box can still track the speed limits of the roads so it can tell when im going over the limit but im not sure if it applies to this situation.
I have found with my telematics box that they are not strict about speed limits on roads other than roads with speed limits of 20mph or higher. E.g. going faster than 5mph on a 5mph road has never given me problems. Going 25 in a 20 has never given me problems. Going 30 in a 20 is when the problems begin.

If you're in doubt, ring them up, I'm sure they'd be happy to explain.
Lani_5678
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pericardium)
I have found with my telematics box that they are not strict about speed limits on roads other than roads with speed limits of 20mph or higher. E.g. going faster than 5mph on a 5mph road has never given me problems. Going 25 in a 20 has never given me problems. Going 30 in a 20 is when the problems begin.

If you're in doubt, ring them up, I'm sure they'd be happy to explain.
Update: i just checked in with my telematics app. For some reason it took a while for them to score me for that trip but i got a score above 50 which usually indicates that i wasnt speeding. You might be right i dont think they recorded it on roads with less then 20mph. Just to be sure i checked in with the terms and conditions with my insurance. It doesnt say anything about this sort of thing. Thanks for the advice!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads