Quick question, does this mean my manager wants me gone? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok so I work full time in healthcare (based across 2 sites) and I was promoted a few months ago (as a secondment) then went back down to my original grade when the secondment ended. The team i work in is very small, I had supervision with my manager just a few days ago and funniliy enough she mentioned that a job had come up in another trust. A permanent vacancy has now come up at the other site (in my trust) which my manager put on last week. However she never told me that she was putting the vacancy out. With this plus the the fact that she suggested that other job I feel i can only conclude that she doesnt want me to have the job and/or wouldnt care if i left the trust.

I just find it weird its such a small team yet I never hear of things.
Lani_5678
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I suggest finding out about the actual job and what it entails first as well as speaking to your boss about this. It may be possible that your boss just thought that this job was the right one for you and that may be why she mentioned it to you. But again, you gotta find out about that new job and decide on whether or not that oppertunity may be better than what you have now or not. If it isnt better then yes id be worried but look into it further first.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lani_5678)
I suggest finding out about the actual job and what it entails first as well as speaking to your boss about this. It may be possible that your boss just thought that this job was the right one for you and that may be why she mentioned it to you. But again, you gotta find out about that new job and decide on whether or not that oppertunity may be better than what you have now or not. If it isnt better then yes id be worried but look into it further first.
Yes the job in the other trust was better as it was full time at a higher grade but the job that she has put out externally within my current trust that i mentioned would offer the higher grade for 2 days (plus i actually work at this place lol), therefore is better than my current job. I knew that my collegue was reducing her hours as she told me this herself (leaving a 2 day gap which is what the job is filling) but she didnt tell me she was filling it/that she was putting the job out.
Anonymous #1
I saw my manager today and she didnt say anything, it just seems weird to me ha
Secretariat123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe she wants you to stay where you are now with her?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Secretariat123)
Maybe she wants you to stay where you are now with her?
The job would still be under her/id still be working with her
Secretariat123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The job would still be under her/id still be working with her
Ohh. Hmm i would just ask her tomorrow: "i'm thinking of applying for this role, what do you think?" And she will just tell you the truth, or waste your time in telling you nothing. Either way no problem in asking!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Secretariat123)
Ohh. Hmm i would just ask her tomorrow: "i'm thinking of applying for this role, what do you think?" And she will just tell you the truth, or waste your time in telling you nothing. Either way no problem in asking!
I guess so, for some reason I ‘fear’ doing this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (45)
32.37%
No (72)
51.8%
Don't know (22)
15.83%

Watched Threads