Can't do summer internship? What to do instead? A&F Watch

xjsjxjekdjd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in 2nd year accounting and finance at the moment, and my grandparents health back in my home country is not doing good so my parents want to us to go and visit this summer just in case.
This will probably be from mid July to mid Aug
I have very little on my CV esp work exp related to accounting and finance.
What can I do in the summer ( june and mid aug-sep) to make myself more employable?
I have emailed some firms whether I could do work experience, and they offered 2 weeks. Is this enough? Are there places that offer 4-5 week internships?
I'm not sure what else to do
Any help is appreciated thanks
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xjsjxjekdjd)
I'm in 2nd year accounting and finance at the moment, and my grandparents health back in my home country is not doing good so my parents want to us to go and visit this summer just in case.
What can I do in the summer ( june and mid aug-sep) to make myself more employable?
I have emailed some firms whether I could do work experience, and they offered 2 weeks. Is this enough? Are there places that offer 4-5 week internships?
Get a job as an admin, finance assistant or something office based, though you'd have to apply really early.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xjsjxjekdjd)
Two weeks is way better than nothing. Do you have good work experience on your cv? Such as retail or service industry?

I’d keep looking for short internships. Two of two weeks each could be great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed