The Student Room Group

Passive Aggressive people on the student room

I have definitely noticed every time i use this website and check different forum that there are always a few number of people who clearly have an inflated sense of self worth. When people come with problems, they usually just berate the person after they have already berated themselves and don't come with solution. Plus their comments always seem passive aggressive or patronising as if the person is below them and they cant possibly understand what they are going through. Tbh as a reminder people, think about the tone of your message before typing it and think about how a person who has the problem might interpret it as they could be especially volatile right now and your arrogant, inflated attitude of knowing what's right and wrong is not exactly going to help them if you only scowl them through your message online as if you have never done wrong.
Thanks
Reply 2
Welcome to humanity.

Original post by mio.648
I have definitely noticed every time i use this website and check different forum that there are always a few number of people who clearly have an inflated sense of self worth. When people come with problems, they usually just berate the person after they have already berated themselves and don't come with solution. Plus their comments always seem passive aggressive or patronising as if the person is below them and they cant possibly understand what they are going through. Tbh as a reminder people, think about the tone of your message before typing it and think about how a person who has the problem might interpret it as they could be especially volatile right now and your arrogant, inflated attitude of knowing what's right and wrong is not exactly going to help them if you only scowl them through your message online as if you have never done wrong.

I get what you mean, and I'm probably guilty of doing this when I can't be arsed with a person/think they're trolling... that being said, it's the internet, it would be ignorant to expect everyone to be helpful when some just wanna have a laugh (even if the context doesn't call for it) and others just push their insecurities onto people who share their stories on here. To be fair, there are some really pathetic stories on here (assuming they're not trolls ig)
Original post by mio.648

lol
Original post by mio.648

I have definitely noticed every time i use this website and check different forum that there are always a few number of people who clearly have an inflated sense of self worth. When people come with problems, they usually just berate the person after they have already berated themselves and don't come with solution. Plus their comments always seem passive aggressive or patronising as if the person is below them and they cant possibly understand what they are going through. Tbh as a reminder people, think about the tone of your message before typing it and think about how a person who has the problem might interpret as they could be especially volatile right now and your arrogant, inflated attitude of knowing what's right and wrong is not exactly going to help them if you only scowl them through your message online as if you have never done wrong.

Original post by iamthestudent
lol

Original post by Ascend
Welcome to humanity.

Original post by XKangaotiCX
I get what you mean, and I'm probably guilty of doing this when I can't be arsed with a person/think they're trolling... that being said, it's the internet, it would be ignorant to expect everyone to be helpful when some just wanna have a laugh (even if the context doesn't call for it) and others just push their insecurities onto people who share their stories on here. To be fair, there are some really pathetic stories on here (assuming they're not trolls ig)

Hey guys lets play spot the difference, very intellectual game :biggrin:!
Original post by mio.648

Care to give some examples?
Do you use internet forums much?
How much do you use TSR?
Just report them.

Original post by Zed03
Yeah it's the people that think their rep count gives them actual worth when in real life they are worthless fat ****ers. Sorry I had to let that out of my system 😅

Someone has rep envy :lol:
You get that everywhere, at uni at work and in society in general. Just report people who you feel are being non constructive in their replies. Bear in mind however that some forums are more relaxed than others, sarcastic or jokey replies are fine in chat, less so in advice forums.
Reply 9
hmm, i don't know any.
Okay right, but you also have to remember that this is an open forum. If this person has done something that they already think is wrong then they're openly subjecting themselves to that sort of criticism. Society naturally reacts to things they consider unacceptable, that's the way it's always been.
A lot of the time it’s just trolls trying to get a reaction. Just ignore it !!!

Quick Reply

Latest