How do I move on from this girl? Watch

Skazzaman40
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys, wondering if I could use any help here. There’s this girl who’s on my course at college, who I’m so fond of to the point I’ve been distracted from important tasks daydreaming about her for over a month and a half. A week 1/2 ago I confessed my feelings for her and even got vibes that she liked me back. This week we’ve fallen out and she’s said she’s not even comfortable just being friends and hanging out due to my fancies for her, claiming that she currently ‘doesn’t want to be in a relationship’. I respect her wishes, but knowing I’ve ruined our friendship in the process feels devastating, especially since she’s the only crush I’ve had in a long time and her company has previously made me feel better as a person.

She’s damn beautiful and has a sweet and humorous personality. But like I want to know how I can recover and get back to what I would usually do when not daydreaming about her. Any advice would be helpful
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Skazzaman40)
Hey guys, wondering if I could use any help here. There’s this girl who’s on my course at college, who I’m so fond of to the point I’ve been distracted from important tasks daydreaming about her for over a month and a half. A week 1/2 ago I confessed my feelings for her and even got vibes that she liked me back. This week we’ve fallen out and she’s said she’s not even comfortable just being friends and hanging out due to my fancies for her, claiming that she currently ‘doesn’t want to be in a relationship’. I respect her wishes, but knowing I’ve ruined our friendship in the process feels devastating, especially since she’s the only crush I’ve had in a long time and her company has previously made me feel better as a person.

She’s damn beautiful and has a sweet and humorous personality. But like I want to know how I can recover and get back to what I would usually do when not daydreaming about her. Any advice would be helpful
Focus on the big picture, always focus on the big picture. Think that this will be completely irrelevant in 10 years time and use this as a way to self-motivate yourself to attain ambitious academic goals. That's what I did personally after a bad breakup back in the first term of Y12 and I passed from being a BBB to being predicted A*A*A*. Of course, this is a process, and it does happen over time, but self-relialisation of your potential is key. Always try to move forward
Superemmi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was in kind of the same position when I was studying at college a year ago. I liked this girl. We were best mates. We were together all the time which meant I didn’t get a break from my feelings. They were always there. I got so deep in and it was hard to get out. I ended up confessing my feelings towards her and said I’d give her time to think about things. Unfortunately she never brought it up again. And we went back to being normal.... thought it was fine then like a month later... she didn’t want to be friends anymore.

It’s hard to get over things like that. Rejection hurts. But you have to remember it’s not the end of the world. You have to put that part of your life behind yourself. Don’t get me wrong it’s hard. When your in the situation. You’ll think you’ll never stop feeling the way you do. But for me it’s been a while now. I can tell you Whilst something will happen that reminds me of her and for a fraction of a second it hurts but life goes on.

Focus on yourself and where you’re going in life. Make yourself the priority. It gets better
lancpe2002
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Focus on the big picture, always focus on the big picture. Think that this will be completely irrelevant in 10 years time and use this as a way to self-motivate yourself to attain ambitious academic goals. That's what I did personally after a bad breakup back in the first term of Y12 and I passed from being a BBB to being predicted A*A*A*. Of course, this is a process, and it does happen over time, but self-relialisation of your potential is key. Always try to move forward
I agree with this. focus on yourself and your self improvement. Eventually you won’t even remember about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (20)
28.17%
No (39)
54.93%
Don't know (12)
16.9%

Watched Threads