fanofeverything
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
To America??

I’d like to pursue a career in the Entertainment Industry. Most specifically, the Arts (musical theatre, acting, dancing, film, music etc.)
I do have a lot to offer. But, I also have a LOT to improve on. And, I honestly feel like the UK more specifically my AREa (I live in Birmingham 🙄) doesn’t have that much to offer in comparison to the States. It sounds dramatic but there isn’t anything here for me. Also, I’m a 16 year old student studying Music, Dance and Drama. Someone help me out 😅😫
AHoek10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fanofeverything)
To America??

I’d like to pursue a career in the Entertainment Industry. Most specifically, the Arts (musical theatre, acting, dancing, film, music etc.)
I do have a lot to offer. But, I also have a LOT to improve on. And, I honestly feel like the UK more specifically my AREa (I live in Birmingham 🙄) doesn’t have that much to offer in comparison to the States. It sounds dramatic but there isn’t anything here for me. Also, I’m a 16 year old student studying Music, Dance and Drama. Someone help me out 😅😫
There are plenty of amazing schools in the U.K. for drama: Mountview, LAMDA, RADA etc. So maybe go there before considering moving to the US, because the U.K. has one of the largest film industries in the world, with some of the best actors coming from Britain. Maybe consider moving to London first, to get on the West End before thinking of moving to the US.
If you do want to go to the US, one of the most important things is getting a visa. This is an expensive and time consming procedure, and you would probably need to go to the US embassy in London to have an interview. If you wanted to train at a drama school in the US you could get a. H-3 visa, for by people who want to take up training and education opportunities.
In the future, you could apply for a O1 Visa for people who have an extraordinary ability in Arts, Science, Business, Education, or Athletics. But for this you would have needed to have won a highly acclaimed award, be a leading person in a major production, be part of highly reviewed productions which have high ratings, box office receipts, etc. or to have had a high salary for your services in comparison to others in your field.

Think about logostically, is it possible. Do you have an income that is sufficient enough to pay for rent, buy food etc.? Can you get a job with the qualifications and experience you have? How would you find an afforable apartment in an expensive city like LA or NYC?
fanofeverything
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AHoek10)
There are plenty of amazing schools in the U.K. for drama: Mountview, LAMDA, RADA etc. So maybe go there before considering moving to the US, because the U.K. has one of the largest film industries in the world, with some of the best actors coming from Britain. Maybe consider moving to London first, to get on the West End before thinking of moving to the US.
If you do want to go to the US, one of the most important things is getting a visa. This is an expensive and time consming procedure, and you would probably need to go to the US embassy in London to have an interview. If you wanted to train at a drama school in the US you could get a. H-3 visa, for by people who want to take up training and education opportunities.
In the future, you could apply for a O1 Visa for people who have an extraordinary ability in Arts, Science, Business, Education, or Athletics. But for this you would have needed to have won a highly acclaimed award, be a leading person in a major production, be part of highly reviewed productions which have high ratings, box office receipts, etc. or to have had a high salary for your services in comparison to others in your field.

Think about logostically, is it possible. Do you have an income that is sufficient enough to pay for rent, buy food etc.? Can you get a job with the qualifications and experience you have? How would you find an afforable apartment in an expensive city like LA or NYC?
Thank you! But, I’d just really like to move out of England!
I honesty have no ideaa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (370)
67.27%
No (180)
32.73%

Watched Threads