TayM_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,
So I’m currently studying level 3 business studies at college and I absolutely hate it. I really wanted to go uni to study law and become a lawyer but if I’m struggling at college going to uni probably won’t be a good idea. I’ve been searching up and down for law apprenticeships but can’t really find much. I don’t know what else I can do other than an apprenticeship, I just know that I want to be working and studying. Please help I’m based in West London and really don’t know what to do. (I do not want to complete my level 3 course)
17starr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which part of the country are you from? I am also looking into law apprenticeships, finish the level 3 qualification and you will be able to you just have to look through law firms and see if they take apprentices if it’s not clearly stated, contact them about it
Slickdave
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TayM_)
Hi guys,
So I’m currently studying level 3 business studies at college and I absolutely hate it. I really wanted to go uni to study law and become a lawyer but if I’m struggling at college going to uni probably won’t be a good idea. I’ve been searching up and down for law apprenticeships but can’t really find much. I don’t know what else I can do other than an apprenticeship, I just know that I want to be working and studying. Please help I’m based in West London and really don’t know what to do. (I do not want to complete my level 3 course)
If you are struggling with a level 3 business studies course, regardless of whether you hate it or not, I don't think a career in law is for you. A career in law isn't like CSI or Tv courtroom dramas, I imagine it can be quite boring, tick boxy and tedious especially when starting out.

sorry to be blunt but it needs to be said.

I would see a careers advisor.
17starr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymoosev2)
They literally state they're in West London.
There was no need to be rude :/
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TayM_)
Hi guys,
A quick google search.... law apprenticeship..... shows they do them at the university of law. You need 3 a levels and 5 gcses including maths and English.

If you don't have these, I would suggest you get a job in a law firm as an office junior or receptionist and work your way up.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TayM_)
Hi guys,
Hi there,

Hoping I can offer some support with your question.

Law apprenticeships are quite popular and start at lower levels to help you work your way up to degree and even masters level if you wish to become a solicitor.

If you were to leave your level 3 course you would be looking to start on a level2/3 law apprenticeship with the view to progress within the organisation.

I would recommend starting your search with the National Apprenticeship Service - https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

You may also find it helpful to have a more in-depth chat with a careers adviser and you can do this with our service through our website here - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/webchat/chat/

It is certainly possible to go into a career in law without going to university, it may take a little longer through an apprenticeship to become fully qualified but you will be paid a training wage and any higher or degree level qualifications you do in the future will be funded for you.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to let us know but in the meantime good luck!
Sophie.
TayM_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks so much but I’ve looked and haven’t been able to find much on there sadly. They’re all for level 4
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TayM_)
Thanks so much but I’ve looked and haven’t been able to find much on there sadly. They’re all for level 4
Hi there,

It's great that you took away the information we provided. It's important to remember that apprenticeships are like jobs and available throughout the year. It might be useful to set up an alert so you are notified when a suitable level 2/3 law relating apprenticeship becomes available.

You could also contact local employers and ask if they would be willing to take you on as an apprentice, if they are currently not hiring you could ask to leave your CV with them so they consider you for any future apprenticeship positions.

I hope this is useful and please let us know if you have any further question that we can help you with. You can also chat to an adviser online to gain some further support on apprenticeships on our website- https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/webchat/chat/

Best of luck- Samrita.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.58%
No (268)
33.42%

Watched Threads