Should I cut contact? Watch

splashywill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So, last month my girlfriend broke up with me. We had been in a long-distance relationship for 4/5 months and had been together for 4 months before that in the same place.

She is working in London and I am at uni in Bristol. I'm trying to move there when I graduate. I had planned to do so before I met her - but, since then I realized how financially unfeasible it would be. I can move there and want to, I would just be very poor for a year or two.

She tells me that she still loves me and wants to try things again when I move to London. We still talk every day and I am supposed to see her this week - just for food etc. She said that the distance made the relationship too difficult and that it felt very one-sided (I was doing most of the travelling leg work).

I have told her that she needs to tell me if she isn't serious about trying again if I move to London. But, she doesn't seem to push me away.
Regardless, She's nowhere near as affectionate as she was during the relationship.

The situation is making me quite needy/confused/upset... I had a vision of the future together and now it is uncertain... Moving to London would be a huge financial commitment. I love her and want to do it if she will be in my life.

What should I do?
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by splashywill)
So, last month my girlfriend broke up with me. We had been in a long-distance relationship for 4/5 months and had been together for 4 months before that in the same place.

She is working in London and I am at uni in Bristol. I'm trying to move there when I graduate. I had planned to do so before I met her - but, since then I realized how financially unfeasible it would be. I can move there and want to, I would just be very poor for a year or two.

She tells me that she still loves me and wants to try things again when I move to London. We still talk every day and I am supposed to see her this week - just for food etc. She said that the distance made the relationship too difficult and that it felt very one-sided (I was doing most of the travelling leg work).

I have told her that she needs to tell me if she isn't serious about trying again if I move to London. But, she doesn't seem to push me away.
Regardless, She's nowhere near as affectionate as she was during the relationship.

The situation is making me quite needy/confused/upset... I had a vision of the future together and now it is uncertain... Moving to London would be a huge financial commitment. I love her and want to do it if she will be in my life.

What should I do?
I'd cut her off
Himynameisdaisy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe not have her as a romantic partner, but there is nothing stopping you from being friends still
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
Only go to London if you have a career to pursue. If it's for a relationship that may occur then don't even.
I dont know if you have a good relationship with this ex.
but if you dont cause each other to be miserable all the time then dont cut her off.
if she makes you miserable or is toxic cut her off.
you're in no place to make a commitment to her you're just friends for your current relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (159)
66.81%
No (79)
33.19%

Watched Threads