What happens if you fail 1st Year BTEC extended diploma Watch

LuxuriousAngel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all I’m just doing creative Media btec ED level 3 and i just hate it and I’m wondering if you fail media can you retake media next year and I may do a different subject so will I do another subject but it’s Level 3 ED?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LuxuriousAngel)
Hi all I’m just doing creative Media btec ED level 3 and i just hate it and I’m wondering if you fail media can you retake media next year and I may do a different subject so will I do another subject but it’s Level 3 ED?
Just ask the college about redoing year 12 next year. It is up to them, but if you are under 19 then further education is free. If they allow you to do so, then make sure you get the choice right.

If you actually failed (not including qualified fails), then you cant proceed onto year 13 anyway.
LuxuriousAngel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just ask the college about redoing year 12 next year. It is up to them, but if you are under 19 then further education is free. If they allow you to do so, then make sure you get the choice right.

If you actually failed (not including qualified fails), then you cant proceed onto year 13 anyway.
Ok thanks! But if I do fail my course can I change into a new subject if that’s possible? Or not or what if they want to let me retake media
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LuxuriousAngel)
Ok thanks! But if I do fail my course can I change into a new subject if that’s possible? Or not or what if they want to let me retake media
Its up to the college. They should offer you alternatives. Dont you have any teachers who or careers adviser at the college that you trust?
LuxuriousAngel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Its up to the college. They should offer you alternatives. Dont you have any teachers who or careers adviser at the college that you trust?
Yes but I’m going to talk to them soon but I feel like retaking is easier because it’s hard and I have looked at BTEC IT ED L3 and it seems fun and great and I’m interested in design too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (307)
60.79%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.75%
No- I want it (137)
27.13%
No- I don't want it (37)
7.33%

Watched Threads