Which self catered colleges are convenient for History

Watch
Surfsup
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi a mum here.I wonder if anyone can tell me which colleges are convenient for a History student.Daughter has chosen John Snow, as it is SC.I believe Durham is compact, but a twenty to thirty minute walk can be pleasant /safe or the opposite.Any advice gratefully received.Thanks
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Surfsup)
Hi a mum here.I wonder if anyone can tell me which colleges are convenient for a History student.Daughter has chosen John Snow, as it is SC.I believe Durham is compact, but a twenty to thirty minute walk can be pleasant /safe or the opposite.Any advice gratefully received.Thanks
Hi there :hello:
Thanks for coming over to :tsr2: hope you're having a great day!
Lemur14 may be able to help advise you on this as she is a current student at Durham and knows more about it than I do!

Furthermore, check out the forum for Durham University :bump:
All the best,
Cheese
Last edited by CheeseIsVeg; 11 months ago
Muser99
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
All the wholly self catered colleges are in the same area so just pick the one that suits ie gowned not gowned for formals. The exceptions are Castle and Cuths which offer a self catering option near the Bailey but no guarantee if you apply to them that you wont be allocated catered accommodation instead (unless you have medical requirement).
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
John Snow next year will be based at the top of the hill colleges in brand new buildings along with the new South College. The walk down the hill to lectures is pleasant and leafy, with lots of students walking up and down from the other hill colleges. There are new pathways/cycle lanes being built across the road from John Snow, along the edge of the botanical gardens to ensure the higher volume of students from the two new college buildings can walk down the hill more safely. Apparently on ‘clubbing nights’, by a chapel half way down the hill, the Christian Union gives out hot chocolate to drunken students on their way home - nice!
Surfsup
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Hugh's Swan)
John Snow next year will be based at the top of the hill colleges in brand new buildings along with the new South College. The walk down the hill to lectures is pleasant and leafy, with lots of students walking up and down from the other hill colleges. There are new pathways/cycle lanes being built across the road from John Snow, along the edge of the botanical gardens to ensure the higher volume of students from the two new college buildings can walk down the hill more safely. Apparently on ‘clubbing nights’, by a chapel half way down the hill, the Christian Union gives out hot chocolate to drunken students on their way home - nice!
Sorry for late thank you.Great information.Daughter now has offer and JS college.She will appreciate the hot chocolate on those cold Northern nights.❄️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads