expatboi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys,

Wondering if I have a shot at London Business School's MiM. I understand it's quite a difficult programme to get into and I have some weird stats, hence not really being sure if it's achievable for me or not.

I have a borderline 2.1 (literally 60) from a top Russell Group (King's/Durham) for my course. Worried that this is really too low for LBS. I'll be able to get it up to a first my last year of Uni, but I'll be applying to Master's programmes before that year even starts.

A-Level equivalents ranging from A*AA - A*A*A* (depending on which equivalents you're looking at) / UCAS Tariff 180 (new system). Don't really think these grades matter.

Expecting my GMAT score will be in the 700-750 range according to PTs and if I keep working at it for a while.

Extracurriculars are nothing particularly powerful; helped with some fundraising, going to be working on initializing fundraising this upcoming year, etc.

Have some decent work experience; half a year at a tech start-up, going to have three months at a bulge bracket (not front office unfortunately, but an analyst role..) and another month at a large firm when I was younger. I'll also be sitting the CFA (but again, that'll happen after I apply so will just be a L1 candidate at time of application).

Is there anything I can do in the immediate timeframe to improve my chances? Grades aren't an option as I'm on a placement year. I can sign up to some volunteering work and write some kickass essays, but beyond that, I'm not sure how to improve. I'll have an average academic letter of recommendation and very strong professional letter of recommendation.

UK / EU national if that matters.

Only interested in schools like Imperial / LSE / LBS for a MiM given the return on investment. I can get into a job making 40k without it, it's just about securing a front office role.

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (258)
33.81%
No (505)
66.19%

Watched Threads