reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Guys,

I know there are so many threads of these especially regarding Economics etc and rest assured I have read them all hahaha. But I have a few questions about the Unis that I was wondering could anyone at either answer? If you're not doing Geography that's okay I still would like to know, but if you are please help me out!

1) How is the social life like? I have heard LSE has a more quiet social life due to the large workload. I am not a party animal but I would like to go out at least once every two or three weeks and enjoy London especially. I want to go to a lot of the Latin Clubs because my favourite music is Spanish music. I have heard that since LSE is 70% international approx and UCL is 50%, that it is more cliquey and the International students stick together according to the languages they speak in. I would regard myself as a Social person, I love making good friends but I know I would be quiet sad if I don't make good friends. As for example, when I moved Sixth Forms I was only 1 of the 4 new people in a year of 100 and people didn't really try and the "friends" I sit next to are quite selfish to be honest but oh well.

2) How are the academics like? Is it easy to ask for help and especially if you are at LSE, is LSE 100 good? How many hours of independent study do you have to do or are recommended to do a week? How is the step up from A-Level?

3) Especially at LSE will I be at a disadvantage since it is mostly Human Geography. I do love Human Geography the most but it means that I'll do a Geography degree and still never learn about Glaciers, Rivers or Tectonics so would this be bad?
Last edited by reinaadira; 1 year ago
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bump ?
LuziaKir
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an offer from LSE as well and wondering the same things...

Totally with you on the Latin Clubs by the way! Really hoping to find some fellow party-goers when going to London.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads