how long does it take for uni of Southampton to respond Watch

sorcererstone28
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am an international student applying for Master in Oceanography. I submitted my application on 28 Nov 2019. The application was accepted on 5 Dec and everything was going smoothly. The portal doesn't show signs of any update. It's 20th January today and I still haven't received any updates from the uni. How much more should I wait?
Et_Tu_Virgil
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Sorry for the late reply - but allow me to share my story. So I also applied to Oceanography at Southampton, albeit the undergraduate course. I submitted my application on the 29th october 2019, and still hadn't heard anything back this February. Since they state (on their website) that they usually respond within 2-6 weeks, I figured I'd give them a call and ask what was going on. Today I called them and they told me about an error in their system, due to which I wasn't invited for a Skype interview. I now have a feeling everything is going to be sorted. So, If you still have this problem, I'd suggest calling the faculty/admissions office and just ask. And if you already called them: did you have the same problem
sorcererstone28
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Et_Tu_Virgil)
Sorry for the late reply - but allow me to share my story. So I also applied to Oceanography at Southampton, albeit the undergraduate course. I submitted my application on the 29th october 2019, and still hadn't heard anything back this February. Since they state (on their website) that they usually respond within 2-6 weeks, I figured I'd give them a call and ask what was going on. Today I called them and they told me about an error in their system, due to which I wasn't invited for a Skype interview. I now have a feeling everything is going to be sorted. So, If you still have this problem, I'd suggest calling the faculty/admissions office and just ask. And if you already called them: did you have the same problem
Hey thank you for your reply. I tried to reach them thrice through email. But they still haven't responded. Since you confirmed the reasons for the delay through telephonic conversation seems like the error in the system caused this. I'll keep you updated if I receive any other updates. Thank you so much for replying. Have a great day !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (2)
50%
No (2)
50%
Don't know (0)
0%

Watched Threads