Should I get a car if I'm studying in London?

Watch
johm132
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I know it's pointless to get a car especially in london, but I love to drive, what else could I do in my free time? seems? reasonable to me to get one
.Singh.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Same issue - hate trains
shnac99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A car at uni is pretty much wasted money, unless your commuting of course.
johm132
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
no I will be not, but I might name able to have a car space soon, that might make my situation better
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by johm132)
I know it's pointless to get a car especially in london, but I love to drive, what else could I do in my free time? seems? reasonable to me to get one
Why - congestion charge, traffic, stupid pedestrians, ULEZ ( although probably won't apply to you)

I love cars too - currently driving a CHR, had an e type, puma, Bentley, Audi TT, Mercedes Pagoda x 2; Honda CRV; Hyundai Coupe, TVR; etc etc - would not drive in London for all the tea in China
AH-64 APACHE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No, Sadiq Kahn hates cars

Wait for him to be ousted in the next election then consider it.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You might enjoy driving...but you're unlikely to enjoy driving in London, why poison it?
Zahra_2001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I mean a car would be useful for things other than uni.

Like for me my mum doesn't drive and my dad is at work all the time so I want to get a car to be able to take my mum and siblings out, go to the gym (easier than public transport), go far places in London, shopping for my mum etc.

If you think it will benefit you and you are able to bear the costs of a car and you don't think you'll be harming the environment for pointless travels then I don't see why not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (216)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.04%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (139)
33.66%

Watched Threads