help?? best trains to use for students?? Watch

springdcy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi can someone who uses train as their main transportation/or are very comfortable with using trains tell me which is the cheapest for students to use to travel between Manchester-Leeds and vice versa
Vexper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
TransPennine Express do an hour~ direct run from Manchester Picadilly to Leeds. Do you have a rail card?
springdcy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Vexper)
TransPennine Express do an hour~ direct run from Manchester Picadilly to Leeds. Do you have a rail card?
At the moment no, i have started an application for it though. What are the average fare rates to travel between manchester and leeds?
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get trainpal, it’s fully authorised to sell tickets and it makes them cheaper by split ticketing it. Just download, as a student it’s helped me so much
springdcy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheOnlyIzzy)
Get trainpal, it’s fully authorised to sell tickets and it makes them cheaper by split ticketing it. Just download, as a student it’s helped me so much
can you explain how it works?
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by springdcy)
can you explain how it works?
It’s an app. Basically if you get a ticket say, Nottingham -> Oxford. You might have 1 or 2 changes. If you buy the journey as one ticket, a lot of the time it charges you for the change. Instead the app buys 2/3 individual tickets, so that there’s no charge on their for the change even though it’s the EXACT same journey. Rather than being £45 with a railcard, it’s now £29. Fully authorised and everything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (5)
33.33%
No (9)
60%
Don't know (1)
6.67%

Watched Threads