EllaIsUnusual
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello, I am in the process of picking my A levels and currently, I have chosen History, Psychology and IT, however, I like learning a language, and I already do Spanish for GCSE, and I also love all the ideas that I could have for a job if I chose Spanish, but I am not very good at Spanish, in my previous mocks, I only got a 4.

I do have another set of mocks the week before and after February half term, so I will have to see my results then, but I am not sure what to do.

Can anyone doing A levels tell me what to expect from picking Spanish A levels and if you think I can do it or not?

Thanks, Ella.
JasperBritt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey Ella! I'm currently doing Spanish at A Level and I'm sure youve heard this a lot- but it's quite a big step from GCSE. I guess- putting grades aside- you have to ask yourself whether you actually enjoy the subject itself. Also, you should have a good taste in culture and history, as you learn a lot about Spain's development and society. It's like a mix of different subjects all blended into one- and all of this is in Spanish- of course
EllaIsUnusual
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by JasperBritt)
Hey Ella! I'm currently doing Spanish at A Level and I'm sure youve heard this a lot- but it's quite a big step from GCSE. I guess- putting grades aside- you have to ask yourself whether you actually enjoy the subject itself. Also, you should have a good taste in culture and history, as you learn a lot about Spain's development and society. It's like a mix of different subjects all blended into one- and all of this is in Spanish- of course
Hey, thank you for replying. I love history, and that is going to be another one of my A-level options. What do you do for your coursework, and if you don't mind me asking, what did you get in your GCSE results for spanish? Thanks!
JasperBritt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EllaIsUnusual)
Hey, thank you for replying. I love history, and that is going to be another one of my A-level options. What do you do for your coursework, and if you don't mind me asking, what did you get in your GCSE results for spanish? Thanks!
I reckon history is a good option to have alongside Spanish We don't really have coursework- on my exam board (Eduqas) at least. In year 13, we need to do an independent research project on anything of our choice, and perform a presentation of our research as part of our oral exam. But that's about it for 'coursework', per se. In lessons we study many different units- like at the moment we are studying festivals in Spain, and we have also studied families and relationships, as well as technology used between people in Spain.

As for your GCSE question, I got an 8
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads