bellafrewer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I was wondering what people's opinions are on a Business Degree vs an Economics and Politics Degree? I am currently studying Maths, Economics and English (predicted A*A*A). My top two unis are Bath and Durham, although I probably prefer Bath because it does two six-month placements.

I prefer the sound of the business course, but I'm worried that it is less impressive than Economics and Politics/is regarded as a weaker degree, and I don't want to limit my career opportunities later. What are your thoughts? Any views would be appreciated
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 month ago
where are you getting your information from that economics and politics sounds more impressive?
bellafrewer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Joleee)
where are you getting your information from that economics and politics sounds more impressive?
I mentioned to various people (mainly friends) that I was thinking of switching to business (as I have applied to Economics and Politics/ a variation of PPE and most people I have spoken to have told me that they think business is a less impressive degree and that I should be aiming higher, but I want to see if this is actually the case before I dismiss it as an option.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bellafrewer)
I mentioned to various people (mainly friends) that I was thinking of switching to business (as I have applied to Economics and Politics/ a variation of PPE and most people I have spoken to have told me that they think business is a less impressive degree and that I should be aiming higher, but I want to see if this is actually the case before I dismiss it as an option.
I would suggest you speak to employers if you want the answer to this rather than your pre-university friends.

The most impressive degree is the one that you enjoy and get the best result possible from while having the interest and motivation to get involved with all the opportunities available outside your studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?