taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just had my A-Level mock. I definitely failed I knew the knowledge but my mind went blank as I was trying to write it up. so I pretty much messed up my structure.

I have a question. If I failed badly in this mock would I get kicked out? I'm very worried.
Czernek1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no mate, you're fine lol. They should offer you the opportunity to retake it if you did fail. They cant kick you out unless you're really failing ALL your subjects and you're not trying or turning up to class. In that case they'll probably talk to you and encourage you to "quit" so you dont get a bad record of being kicked out. Another thing is, if you're in year 12 and are taking 4 subjects they might encourage you to drop this one. But ultimately they cant kick you out just for failing a mock. Had plenty of friends who failed mocks, even failed some myself so I'm speaking from experience. Even had one friend who was quite bad in Biology and she consistently failed mocks and end of topic tests. They just predicted her a C and encouraged her to try different studying techniques bc she was a good student ans was fine in her other 2 subjects. But biology just didnt agree with her. So no, they definitely cant kick you out mate
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Czernek1)
no mate, you're fine lol. They should offer you the opportunity to retake it if you did fail. They cant kick you out unless you're really failing ALL your subjects and you're not trying or turning up to class. In that case they'll probably talk to you and encourage you to "quit" so you dont get a bad record of being kicked out. Another thing is, if you're in year 12 and are taking 4 subjects they might encourage you to drop this one. But ultimately they cant kick you out just for failing a mock. Had plenty of friends who failed mocks, even failed some myself so I'm speaking from experience. Even had one friend who was quite bad in Biology and she consistently failed mocks and end of topic tests. They just predicted her a C and encouraged her to try different studying techniques bc she was a good student ans was fine in her other 2 subjects. But biology just didnt agree with her. So no, they definitely cant kick you out mate
thank you for your response. and yes I am in year 12. I'm okay with graphics and accounting it's just business that I'm starting to worry a lot. I really don't want to drop the subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.63%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.26%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.63%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.29%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.75%
Financial worries (38)
6.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.8%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (58)
9.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.02%

Watched Threads