astudent1234567
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Trying to decide between these two courses. I don't specifically know what job I want after university but I suspect it will probably be within the finance sector or be closely linked. Any help?
Slickdave
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not Warwick. unless you forgot about the scandal recently
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by astudent1234567)
Trying to decide between these two courses. I don't specifically know what job I want after university but I suspect it will probably be within the finance sector or be closely linked. Any help?
2 great Unis (both with excellent reputations, LSE marginally higher).

Lots of people picking these courses will be about to jump on the high-finance bandwagon and apply for every bank in London, there is probably a slightly better CV image to LSE but if you as an applicant are diligent and work hard on applications it should be no problem.

I would suggest making a list of priorities for uni, how important is the reputation, course, facilities, career prospects, SU, location, nightlife, money...

You will need to make a personal choice which course you prefer, go through the modules, anything that jumps out at you as something you really want to study. Both excellent unis, no wrong choice.
astudent1234567
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mnot)
2 great Unis (both with excellent reputations, LSE marginally higher).

Lots of people picking these courses will be about to jump on the high-finance bandwagon and apply for every bank in London, there is probably a slightly better CV image to LSE but if you as an applicant are diligent and work hard on applications it should be no problem.

I would suggest making a list of priorities for uni, how important is the reputation, course, facilities, career prospects, SU, location, nightlife, money...

You will need to make a personal choice which course you prefer, go through the modules, anything that jumps out at you as something you really want to study. Both excellent unis, no wrong choice.
Thank you for this.
I've made a pros and cons list and I'm still undecided. Made this thread to see other people's choice and justifications.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by astudent1234567)
Thank you for this.
I've made a pros and cons list and I'm still undecided. Made this thread to see other people's choice and justifications.
If this were me making the decision:
If career prospects is the most important factor: go to LSE.
If social life, living costs etc are of similar importance: go to Warwick

Personally I think Warwick would be a more enjoyable, more traditional student life, its not the greatest location but is close enough to Coventry & Leam Spa to have some good social options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.65%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.59%
No (99)
48.77%

Watched Threads