Can you switch to a better uni if you do really well in first year? Watch

hamedi98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So let's say I get a first in first year but I'm at a pretty mediocre uni, would it be possible to switch to a better uni as a second year student on the same degree? Has anyone done this?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's common but it's competitive. It depends on your application but also the uni's transfer policies so I would research more about the specific uni you want to go to policies
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Possible but by no means guaranteed. Depends on each Uni and each course. I wouldn’t make any plans assuming it was going to be possible.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hamedi98)
So let's say I get a first in first year but I'm at a pretty mediocre uni, would it be possible to switch to a better uni as a second year student on the same degree? Has anyone done this?
It has been done but there are no guarantees your chosen new uni will allow it - your first step should be to email their Admissions and explain what you are hoping to do and what your academics are (your A levels plus grades so far in your current course).
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hamedi98)
Generally for transfer into second year you would need to also meet the standard entry requirements for first year.

It’s more common for students to transfer into first year using their first year marks to supplement lower A level results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (236)
66.67%
No (118)
33.33%

Watched Threads