Alex_24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Can someone explain to me how to compare quotes and an example Quotes of it. Please help me as soon as possible.
Thank you.
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Alex_24)
Can someone explain to me how to compare quotes and an example Quotes of it. Please help me as soon as possible.
Thank you.
What’s the context? Usually you’re comparing a specific feature of quotes eg comparing how a theme is used, or how language is used, or how events happened differently. As for how you’d do it, I’d maybe use a sentence making a point about the first quote, then a sentence with the quote in, then analyse/explain it, then contrast it to a different quote, write then analyse/explain that second quote, then have a final sentence making a comparison again. For example (I’ve just used random letters to show where you’d insert quotes/techniques/themes etc):

In poem X the poet presents the idea of Y. Through the language device of Z in “quote one here,” this conveys the poet’s depiction of A implying B and corroborating with G. Whereas, in poem 2 the poet suggests C. The quote “quote two here,” highlights D. This idea in poem 2 contrasts to poem 1 where instead of the poet presenting K they present L.
Alex_24
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Mona123456)
What’s the context? Usually you’re comparing a specific feature of quotes eg comparing how a theme is used, or how language is used, or how events happened differently. As for how you’d do it, I’d maybe use a sentence making a point about the first quote, then a sentence with the quote in, then analyse/explain it, then contrast it to a different quote, write then analyse/explain that second quote, then have a final sentence making a comparison again. For example (I’ve just used random letters to show where you’d insert quotes/techniques/themes etc):

In poem X the poet presents the idea of Y. Through the language device of Z in “quote one here,” this conveys the poet’s depiction of A implying B and corroborating with G. Whereas, in poem 2 the poet suggests C. The quote “quote two here,” highlights D. This idea in poem 2 contrasts to poem 1 where instead of the poet presenting K they present L.
Well, Thanks for explaining to me but is it possible for u to compare remains and poppies or war photographer with poppies?
It will be really helpful if u could compare it :3
(S.p.Thanks for the technique/themes/quotes)
By Alex.
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Alex_24)
Well, Thanks for explaining to me but is it possible for u to compare remains and poppies or war photographer with poppies?
It will be really helpful if u could compare it :3
(S.p.Thanks for the technique/themes/quotes)
By Alex.
Stacey Reay explains is better than I could:

Remains and Poppies:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HeYtlb...&index=19&t=0s

War Photographer and Poppies:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ROtdI...&index=21&t=0s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads