Scared of gym Watch

Daisyjay15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m 19 female and generally quite a independent confident person but when it comes to gym I’m terrified. I’m around 5,7 and 10 stone so a healthy Ish size but I’m not fit and look a bit lanky - flat bum etc. I’ve tried the gym before but I just hate everything about it I feel like everyone is looking at me and thinking I’m unfit or whatever. I felt slightly better when going with a friend but my friends have completely different schedules to me now so can’t come with me, but how can I pluck up the courage to go?
shnac99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just go, no one really cares. I do it all the time and I look like a twat at the gym most days
However, if you wanna get some courage and feel like you ‘fit in’ or ‘know what your doing’ at the gym, maybe try some at home HIIT or yoga before you start heading to the gym, as you’ll feel more confident in your abilities and will already have some strength training behind you
jamiejay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go there late, or at quiet times and check all the equipment out. Also, if you wanna look like you know what you're doing, just pretend. The real people won't care about you.
Finally, you don't *need* to go the gym, society makes you feel this way, but if you genuinely don't enjoy it, find some kind of exercise you would like such as dancing, running, ice skating, etc.
Schutz88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone who goes to the gym is there to improve. Nobody started off with huge muscles and thick butts. Why would anyone judge you for getting better? If anything they'll be happy to see more people get serious about exercising.
Marsharko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Walls of a gym are covered in mirrors.

That's because everybody is too busy looking at themselves than to look at you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (481)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.32%
No- I want it (231)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.67%

Watched Threads