Biden calls game developers "little creeps" who "teach you how to kill" Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Now both the top Republican (Trump) and top Democrat candidate have come down hard on video games.

America is becoming hostile to technology and youth culture.

https://www.techspot.com/news/83623-...reeps-who.html
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Old corporate Joe accidentally being against the US military (who've got a history of having games developed for training purposes, e.g. full spectrum warrior, and use them as a recruiting tool), you love to see it.

Seriously though, it's old man yells at cloud again, no different to the satanic panic or the fear mongering over dnd in the 80s, it's hardly evidence of a hostility to technology when silicon valley still exists
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure why this is news worthy? He might be going after the wrong vector but its undeniable that certain aspects of this technology boom are perceived as harmful.
username5106904
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't understand people who say things like these when they have no evidence to back them up. People have been saying the same about all kind of entertainment, like television, for many years...
It'll only turn people against him. A lot of people don't want to be taxed for something they enjoy, nor do they want ot be told it makes them violent when obviously there's no or at best weak correlation
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Classic American scaremongering, easier than actually reforming gun laws.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Classic American scaremongering, easier than actually reforming gun laws.
I guess.

So they say video games teach children ‘how to kill’ and still think nothing of the gun violence?
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is anyone aware of non-US politicians making similar (as in negative) statements about video games? it just seems it's mostly or even wholly just US politicians trying to find a scapegoat for their ridiculous problem with gun violence.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I guess.

So they say video games teach children ‘how to kill’ and still think nothing of the gun violence?
Just going to school in the US teaches you how to kill.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Is anyone aware of non-US politicians making similar (as in negative) statements about video games? it just seems it's mostly or even wholly just US politicians trying to find a scapegoat for their ridiculous problem with gun violence.
Yes I think that’s what’s happening, they need to stop fantasising in their amendments and wake up, yes it may bring in a lot of money (not that that’s even a good thing in the first place) but they should value human life especially the life of children over something that is nowadays a line of code with a bit of value added to it
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The state of the American education system nowadays influenced by the rise in school shootings
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it's cuz they don't know how to play so they jealous😋
AngeryPenguin
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It is a violent country.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%
No- I want it (120)
26.73%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.35%

Watched Threads