The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Entrance Exams

With entrance exams only being a week away, I find myself struggling with the revision for some of the questions on the past papers. I'm currently set to take the Computer Science and the IT Exam, and I've been writting programs and then describing them in pseudocode in order to revise for one of the questions, only now to find out that there isn't much revision material, neither is there a mark scheme available as far as I can see. As you can imagine pretty worried at the moment that I won't be able to pass.
Reply 1
Original post by swift456
With entrance exams only being a week away, I find myself struggling with the revision for some of the questions on the past papers. I'm currently set to take the Computer Science and the IT Exam, and I've been writting programs and then describing them in pseudocode in order to revise for one of the questions, only now to find out that there isn't much revision material, neither is there a mark scheme available as far as I can see. As you can imagine pretty worried at the moment that I won't be able to pass.

I'm feeling the same to be honest. I'm doing History and Politics but the lack of a mark scheme is super annoying!!

Good luck mate!
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by swift456

Hi @swift456,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you! I passed your query onto a member of the Computer Science team and this was his response:

“Thanks for your message. It’s good to read that you’ve been preparing for the Entrance Exams. As a Scholarship examiner I’m not particularly interested in how well people can pattern match answer styles from their revision but far more interested in how students respond to a challenging or unusual question and how they display their own thought processes as they tackle the questions.”

I hope that helps? Good luck tomorrow! :smile:

Kind regards
Sulwen
Reply 3
Original post by Aberystwyth University
Hi @swift456,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you! I passed your query onto a member of the Computer Science team and this was his response:

“Thanks for your message. It’s good to read that you’ve been preparing for the Entrance Exams. As a Scholarship examiner I’m not particularly interested in how well people can pattern match answer styles from their revision but far more interested in how students respond to a challenging or unusual question and how they display their own thought processes as they tackle the questions.”

I hope that helps? Good luck tomorrow! :smile:

Kind regards
Sulwen

Thank you so much for your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest