Boyfriend tells me ‘I hope you get raped.’ Thoughts? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
TLR
“Boyfriend got mad that I didn’t reassure him I was going to be drinking at a party. He doesn’t like me drinking. He got so mad that he told me ‘I hope you get raped so you know what’s going to happen as a consequence of your drinking.’ What do you guys think of this?”

Told my boyfriend I was gonna be at a party. I posted something on social media showing that I was drinking. He got pretty mad because I did not tell him I was gonna be drinking nor reassured him that I was not going to be drinking a lot and that I wasn’t gonna do anything stupid. So I apologised for not reassuring him enough. I then go on to ask “Why is it such a big deal? I can decide if I want to drink for myself besides I remember everything that happened nor did I do anything stupid that could hurt you.” He goes on to say that he’s really disappointed in me and he’s really furious that I would drink without telling him. He told me that he hopes I get raped so I understand what the consequence of my action would be (basically what’s going to happen if I drink too much and got taken advantage of). I thought that was so out of line. I was tipsy but I was aware of what was happening and event sent my friends home on the Uber. I even messaged him after I got home at 12 which he thought was very late. What are your thoughts?
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds like a control freak to me.

Anyone who can say that to someone who's supposed to be their partner, isn't worth the steam of my p!ss, quite frankly.

What are you, his pet? Get rid and find someone who won't keep you on such a tight leash
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My main thought is that you should end the relationship, given that he not only seems to want to control what you do, and gets mad when you do things like drink, he also comes out with vile stuff like that.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
run, far. :rolleyes:
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He is out of line. And it is your actions and your own responsibility, and he shouldn't be controlling what you do in life. Btw 12 is not late. Why does he not like you drinking though?
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You had a drink without telling? Heaven forbid. He’s controlling and it could become violent if you stay with him. He sounds a bit dangerous.
floraaax
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
SIS. run and never look back.
saybay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
TLR
“Boyfriend got mad that I didn’t reassure him I was going to be drinking at a party. He doesn’t like me drinking. He got so mad that he told me ‘I hope you get raped so you know what’s going to happen as a consequence of your drinking.’ What do you guys think of this?”

Told my boyfriend I was gonna be at a party. I posted something on social media showing that I was drinking. He got pretty mad because I did not tell him I was gonna be drinking nor reassured him that I was not going to be drinking a lot and that I wasn’t gonna do anything stupid. So I apologised for not reassuring him enough. I then go on to ask “Why is it such a big deal? I can decide if I want to drink for myself besides I remember everything that happened nor did I do anything stupid that could hurt you.” He goes on to say that he’s really disappointed in me and he’s really furious that I would drink without telling him. He told me that he hopes I get raped so I understand what the consequence of my action would be (basically what’s going to happen if I drink too much and got taken advantage of). I thought that was so out of line. I was tipsy but I was aware of what was happening and event sent my friends home on the Uber. I even messaged him after I got home at 12 which he thought was very late. What are your thoughts?
This is horrifying and speaks loudly of his character. I would personally reconsider the relationship, because no one you're dating should ever say that to you.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Keep going out, whenever you want, without asking anyone for any permission. Drink as much or as little as you want. Talk to as many men as you want. In due course pick one of them to have consensual sex with. All the while being honest and open with your boyfriend about what you are doing and tell him to stick it all in his pipe and smoke it.

Just to show him that you will receive the full consequences of your actions, which is a series of enjoyable evenings out with your friends plus the possibility of consensual sex with another man and NOT being raped by another man.
Allie4
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you actually have to ask? this is a VERY toxic relationship you are in and need to leave ASAP

firstly hes your boyfriend, not your father so who gives a **** if HE doesn't like you drinking. its none of his business. and its controlling.
you don't need to reassure him of anything because you don't need to answer to him. does he tell you everything everytime he goes out. i bet he doesn't.

and that comment itself is unnecessary and inexcusable no matter who it comes from. no one should be wishing that you get raped, ESPECIALLY not your boyfriend. thats the last thing he should be saying or wishing on you. as others have said, this is just the starting point. first its the controlling behaviour and nasty comments then the verbal abuse will get worse and worse and if you keep forgiving him for it he will move onto physical abuse. Get out whilst you've got the chance or forever hold your peace. hes not going to change - LEAVE. NOW!
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you should break up.
Delusion6
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Leave. he sounds like a real keeper.... not!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If I were you I'd find a new boyfriend. One who is less insecure.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe he uses these forums and has seen all the 'got drunk and cheated on my bf' threads.
lucanri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dump his ass
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
Maybe he uses these forums and has seen all the 'got drunk and cheated on my bf' threads.
Yes but most of those are trolls ....if he uses these forums he would know that most people view controlling partners very negatively, with good reason.

What this guy said was truly disgusting and he sound like a man child having a tantrum because he didn't get his own way, how unattractive
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
OP I think you mistyped? You meant to type EX boyfriend yes?
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
If so, then the OP should tell him they are 99% fake posts written by the same troll.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Start planning an escape route and get out of there asap, that ain't a healthy relationship by any stretch of the imagination
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Make sure he’s an ex boyfriend real quick.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads