L2000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I am really worried because I am in a gap year and somethings I planned for it are not going well...

Most concerning I think is that I wanted to save up and I have still been unable to find a job even when I have been trying for more 4 months.

I'm scared that I am going to walk into uni next year with zero work experience and savings. And I am also not getting a lot of maintenance loan. which means my money means a lot! (Although I am studying for some basic accounting exams and also volunteering)

Honestly, I am very worried. What do you think I should do?
floraaax
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi
im also on a gap year. got a full time job in sept and literally spent everything i earnt (stopped working in dec). so im rlly struggling to save up help. it also took me like a month to find it even tho i applied to probably more than 100 places.

try getting a job now maybe at mcdonalds or similar- even tho it may not seem so nice u still need the money as u said for uni. im in london so its hard enough to get a job here so if i got one so can u. i have the indeed and totaljobs app so its easy to apply and find a job that u want.
L2000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by floraaax)
hi
im also on a gap year. got a full time job in sept and literally spent everything i earnt (stopped working in dec). so im rlly struggling to save up help. it also took me like a month to find it even tho i applied to probably more than 100 places.

try getting a job now maybe at mcdonalds or similar- even tho it may not seem so nice u still need the money as u said for uni. im in london so its hard enough to get a job here so if i got one so can u. i have the indeed and totaljobs app so its easy to apply and find a job that u want.
Hi

I feel you. I don't know what your circumstances are, but I feel like you should definitely save up from your next job since you've already got some good experience. I used to work part-time too but left since I needed to focus on my exams. (Which I kinda regret- maybe I should've waited for a little longer). But thankfully, I have spent little of those earnings.

I also tried indeed and totaljobs and have applied to so many already. I moved to a little rural area, which probably explains why I can't find one.

But it definitely helps to know that I am not alone, although I hope you get a job soon. It's no fun staying home feeling useless

Keep trying, we'll hopefully find one soon and both be rich oneday!
Last edited by L2000; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (197)
61.56%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.75%
No- I want it (89)
27.81%
No- I don't want it (22)