Yorkshirtyke
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi
So I just wanted to know which Royal colleges offer MBChB in the UK?
Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Yorkshirtyke)
Hi
Thanks
Which Royal colleges? Give an example of what you mean.
https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...1&pageNumber=1
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi
Thanks
None. Medical Royal Colleges in the UK set postgraduate exams e.g. memberships/fellowship diplomas and some also run Master's degrees. The MB ChB is an undergraduate degree which you can only do at university. More info on undergraduate medicine requirements here:

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

I know the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland offers an undergraduate medical degree but this is a) unusual and b) obviously not in the UK
Yorkshirtyke
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Which Royal colleges? Give an example of what you mean.
I'm sorry. What I actually wanted to ask was about all the royal colleges in the UK and in Ireland.
Yorkshirtyke
Rep:
?
(Original post by Democracy)
None. Medical Royal Colleges in the UK set postgraduate exams e.g. memberships/fellowship diplomas and some also run Master's degrees. The MB ChB is an undergraduate degree which you can only do at university. More info on undergraduate medicine requirements here:

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

I know the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland offers an undergraduate medical degree but this is a) unusual and b) obviously not in the UK
Thanks. I just checked RCSI. I am pretty much choosing between that, UCLan and Buckingham for medicine. Missed out on BMAT this Year and had to stick with Biomed at Sheffield, Bristol and Med Sciences at Edinburgh. If it isn't too much, do you happen to know anyone from UCLan or Buckingham studying Medicine there? It would be very helpful to get more info than the website.
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks. I just checked RCSI. I am pretty much choosing between that, UCLan and Buckingham for medicine. Missed out on BMAT this Year and had to stick with Biomed at Sheffield, Bristol and Med Sciences at Edinburgh. If it isn't too much, do you happen to know anyone from UCLan or Buckingham studying Medicine there? It would be very helpful to get more info than the website.
I don't I'm afraid - sorry!
Yorkshirtyke
Rep:
?
I don't I'm afraid - sorry!
No probs Sir. Just asking, how' RCSI? I heard the fees are pretty high for a non-EU student, but is the course (MBChB BAO) good? Again, no compulsions, just gathering info.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No probs Sir. Just asking, how' RCSI? I heard the fees are pretty high for a non-EU student, but is the course (MBChB BAO) good? Again, no compulsions, just gathering info.
I mean, for this site it's major distinguishing factor is probably that it's not in the UK!

Where do you actually want to work long term?
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No need for sir I've worked with a few RCSI Dublin and RCSI Bahrain grads - they didn't have any complaints and their clinical skills and knowledge was good. If you get an offer I say go for it.
Yorkshirtyke
Rep:
?
No need for sir I've worked with a few RCSI Dublin and RCSI Bahrain grads - they didn't have any complaints and their clinical skills and knowledge was good. If you get an offer I say go for it.
Thanks a ton.
Yorkshirtyke
Rep:
?
(Original post by nexttime)
I mean, for this site it's major distinguishing factor is probably that it's not in the UK!

Where do you actually want to work long term?
I am pretty much looking forward to practicing in the UK.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am pretty much looking forward to practicing in the UK.
So you'd be applying as an international medical graduate if you went to med school in Ireland then. And all the extra faff and exams that come with it.

I'm sure its fine if that's what you want to do though.
Yorkshirtyke
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nexttime)
So you'd be applying as an international medical graduate if you went to med school in Ireland then. And all the extra faff and exams that come with it.

I'm sure its fine if that's what you want to do though.
:cry2:. But, still waiting for Buckingham and UClan to come by. Anyways, since I am giving exams throughout the course, I might as well give a few after it anyway!
I know it's not quite satisfactory, but as mum says, there are no end to exams in Medicine!!
Last edited by Yorkshirtyke; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (471)
66.62%
No (236)
33.38%

Watched Threads