shreyuhhhhh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, this is my first time posting on TSR and I wasn't sure where to post this. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Anyways, I am an international student and I sent my UCAS application (for undergraduate) with my TOEFL score and I got an offer from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. But my score expires in May before I can apply for my visa. I will give the IELTS now but I had a few questions-
1) do these unis accept both IELTS general and academic or only the academic?
2) Will I have to send my new test scores to the uni seeing that they already have proof of my English language skills?
3) If I get below the required score could my offer be taken back?

I haven't accepted any offer yet (I am still waiting for Durham and Exeter) but I will most probably choose Edinburgh, if that makes any difference.

I know these are a lot of questions but I would really appreciate it if you guy could help me!!
Last edited by shreyuhhhhh; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shreyuhhhhh)
1) do these unis accept both IELTS general and academic or only the academic?
2) Will I have to send my new test scores to the uni seeing that they already have proof of my English language skills?
3) If I get below the required score could my offer be taken back?
1) You need to check with each Uni directly. In most cases I imagine they will only consider the academic IELTS.
2) Almost definitely, yes, (although again you need to check with each directly). Typically the test is valid for two years prior to the course start date. So if you are starting in Oct/Sept, your test will only be valid until May.
3) Do you have a conditional offer which includes an English Language requirement? If so, you only have a confirmed place if you meet all of the offer conditions. Missing the scores won’t immediately have the offer withdrawn, but you need to meet them by the deadline date given in your offer.

If you have an offer with no English requirement, I would still contact the Uni to discuss the date of your IELTS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?