Combined science trilogy

Watch this thread
glamourprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi how much time should I revise each subject in double science and do I need to learn the 21 required practicals before I actually do it before the summer exams ?
glamourprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
And which is the best methods for revising combined science trilogy ? Flash cards ? Rewriting notes ? Mind maps ? Memorising the revision guide or practice papers as well ?
Oluwadamilooolaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by glamourprincess)
And which is the best methods for revising combined science trilogy ? Flash cards ? Rewriting notes ? Mind maps ? Memorising the revision guide or practice papers as well ?
It’s a mix of them all tbh. This is what I did during gcse’s

First off, make notes based on each topic and try condensing information to the key individual parts that you need, thus linking to my second point of always referring to the specification of that certain subject which can be easily accessible on exam board websites.

Also, after you make notes and learnt a certain topic, do a topic test on it. From that, this would show what parts you need to pay attention to. And go over again. I would suggest you to note the area you’re weak on.

Look at mark schemes. Specifically for humanity based subjects and English lit/lang. Exam boards are pretty predictable and revising previous mark schemes of exams will help you a lot.

Be organised. Organisation is key. Have a specific folder for core subjects where you’ve neatly filed your notes.

Kinda linking to my first point, make notes as you go. GCSE with no revision resources can become difficult. So by ensuring this, you’ll already have your revision resources ready for you during exam time etc.

Past papers are keyyy. Once you’ve completed learning the content and you’ve gone over it to the point where you feel ready to do an exam. Then do so, I would suggest you do past papers nearing exam time. March/April and use the past papers the same way as I suggested you should use topic tests. Use them as a way to highlight what you need to pay attention to.

Hope I helped in some way. And good luck for your Gcse’s ☺️
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by glamourprincess)
Hi how much time should I revise each subject in double science and do I need to learn the 21 required practicals before I actually do it before the summer exams ?
How much time you need to revise depends a lot on you and how much time you're prepared to put in and where you are already.

You do need to know the required practicals. You could be asked for a six mark question to give the method of any practical- that's an easy 6 marks if you know it, and 6 marks lost if you don't. All the exam papers so far have included at least one question about a required practical.

As to how to revise:
Flash cards to learn key terminology/facts.
Mind maps to summarize and make links in topics.
Then practice questions to get your exam technique down and get used to the style of question- this is really important, but not worth doing until you know the content pretty well.

You don't need to do full past papers, you can find exam questions organised by topic at physicsandmathstutor.com for all sciences.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (6)
12.77%
Quite well (22)
46.81%
Not so good (12)
25.53%
Terrible! (7)
14.89%

Watched Threads