Will I be accepted onto foundation year automatically or onto insurance choice?

Watch
eveline1910
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I received an conditional offer from the university that I want to submit as my firm choice. However, it says that if I don’t meet the conditions I’ll be guaranteed a place in their foundation year, which is fine because I really want to go to this uni, therefore if they reject me onto the 3-year course that I applied for; will I be automatically transferred onto my insurance choice which has lower requirements or the foundation year my firm choice has mentioned? I wouldn’t want to end up going to my insurance choice.
“This offer is subject to you obtaining:
120 UCAS Tariff points from Level 3 qualifications. Functional Skills Maths and English. If you accept this offer and do not meet the conditions but achieve at least 104 UCAS Tariff points we guarantee a place on our Business Foundation“
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eveline1910)
I received an conditional offer from the university that I want to submit as my firm choice. However, it says that if I don’t meet the conditions I’ll be guaranteed a place in their foundation year, which is fine because I really want to go to this uni, therefore if they reject me onto the 3-year course that I applied for; will I be automatically transferred onto my insurance choice which has lower requirements or the foundation year my firm choice has mentioned? I wouldn’t want to end up going to my insurance choice.
120 UCAS Tariff points from Level 3 qualifications. Functional Skills Maths and English. If you accept this offer and do not meet the conditions but achieve at least 104 UCAS Tariff points we guarantee a place on our Business Foundation“
I don't think they could have made it much clearer that if you get 104 UCAS points plus the Maths and English, you will get offered a place on their Foundation course. If you accept it you will go to that uni, if you reject the Foundation course offer, you will get considered by your Insurance uni instead
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eveline1910)
On results day your firm choice has 3 options
- confirm your place on that course
- reject you completely
- make a changed course offer for an alternate course (ie the foundation year)

If you get above 104 tariff points but below 120 then there is a chance that Track on results day will show the Changed Course Offer from your firm choice. You get a week to decide whether you want to accept this offer or decline it and be passed to your insurance choice. Your firm "guarantee" that you can have a place on their foundation but they can't make you take up that place without your agreement to change the course on Track after results day

If you don't want to go to your insurance choice then DON'T PICK THAT INSURANCE CHOICE. You don't have to have an insurance and your insurance should be somewhere you'd be happy to go.

It is very early to have made your firm/insurance choices on Track. The earliest deadline is May for a reason - it gives you time to visit and consider your choices before you commit to anything. Use that time. If you're still sure about the firm choice in April then add it onto Track confident that you're unlikely to change your mind
Last edited by PQ; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads