Have they told you why?
fanofeverything
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Have they told you why?
I don’t have anyone to go with, I’m sometimes quite shy and suffer from Anxiety etc etc
dodgy dingo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How are you going to get into university if you haven't done NCS? It's the first thing they will ask at an interview.
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dodgy dingo)
How are you going to get into university if you haven't done NCS? It's the first thing they will ask at an interview.
Sorry but this just isn’t true

(Original post by fanofeverything)
I don’t have anyone to go with, I’m sometimes quite shy and suffer from Anxiety etc etc
That’s exactly the reason it might be good to do something like NCS - it could help you come out your shell a bit. However I can understand why it might make your family nervous about you going if you’ve never wanted to do anything like this before! Why don’t you try and slowly build up independence (volunteer in a local charity shop, get involved in society at school etc) to show them that you’re working on your anxiety bit by bit, and then they may feel more comfortable with you doing longer term experiences like NCS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (172)
66.67%
No (86)
33.33%

Watched Threads